shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boy Things!

That's AWESOME Brandi!!

There are baby dinosaurs all over the outfit I have to bring my little guy home in once he's born ... I'll have to grab this at some point!!! Love it!
    ~Traci~

2. I always wondered about that too - about the url.

3. As to the kits - would like some more adult male kits.

Truth be told, I've been working on a grungy male kit on and off for the longest time now, and could never quite bring it to completion, cos something just was always not right!! Guess Grunge and me do not get along well!

God knows how much I need them male kits, I'm also the only female in my family!

So, it's time to get back to it, no promises, but hopefully this time it gets into the store alright.

You can do it Yin!! We all have faith in you! But .. you ARE really good at makin' pretty things!
    ~Traci~

Yay! I have Dinostar!

Quote Originally Posted by brandiwest View Post
    Here is Dinostar!
    It took me a while to get back here, because I had to install a new hard drive and migrate everything from my old C drive to the new one, but GDS is the first place I headed when I was back up and running again. Sheesh. That was a traumatic experience. The hard drive - not coming back to GDS!

SO! I put my money where my big mouth is, and bought your new kit, Brandi, and it is wonderful! I'll be back to doing some new LOs this week to show it off! Thank you again for listening and being so fast in putting your new kit out! Great job with Darling Dinos!

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

7. Let's here it for the boys!

I love all your comments and especially adding the thoughts of more masculine elements in general, as I don't think our men/grown sons will be too thrilled to show off their family heritage in pictures if it's always surrounded by frilly, pastels and flowery things.

Bdjeepers really got me thinking about my boys/men, and I have a couple thoughts on two kits someone might want to experiment with... #1-Most guys have so many t-shirts, caps and/or uniforms, equipment and tools of their trade or hobbies. Maybe someone could just do a kit of caps and/or t-shirts, some guys won't be caught dead without a cap on ther head! #2-I could see some really cool GQ kind of kit with pinstirped, tweeds suit backgrounds, silk shirts, cuff links, fancy ties, briefcases, palm pilots? My man is "forever in blue jeans", and I love it, but WOW can he clean up great when he has to wear a suit! hubba hubba! lol (sorry, got carried away)

Thank you ScrappinBikerChick, and Helen for the great lists! AND Brandiwest for the great dinostar! Keep up the good work!

This is a great site, thanks everyone!:

Sorry to disappoint as my next kit is feminine & a bit frilly. However, thank you all for listing what you would like to see & there are some great suggestions in this thread. And the Dinostar kit is awesome Brandi! I have printed this thread & added it to my journal. So....when I get finished with what I have in progress, I'll see what I can come up with for a more masculine & mature kit.

I have 2 girls, one is quite the tomboy & Forever in Blue Jeans was created for her. I have 1 boy and Daniel was created & named just for him. I also only have 1 niece & 1 great-niece - the rest of the nephews are boys, lol. So I can use these kits just as much as you all can.

Barbara, you are so right about the Christmas in the south too. Occasionally we see a white Christmas here, but not very often. I can remember utilizing the central air on several Christmas days. Will have to start thinking about a "different" Christmas kit for this year, one geared more for those in the warmer climates.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by okblues View Post
    Sorry to disappoint as my next kit is feminine & a bit frilly. However, thank you all for listing what you would like to see & there are some great suggestions in this thread. And the Dinostar kit is awesome Brandi! I have printed this thread & added it to my journal. So....when I get finished with what I have in progress, I'll see what I can come up with for a more masculine & mature kit.

Bless you, my dear! I can't wait to see what you come up with, but whatever it is will be awesome, I know! You have SOOOO much talent, and I really have enjoyed your mini kits! They do double duty for scrapping and the little cards I make for my grandson every week. I know he enjoys them; no one else is allowed to touch them, and he carries them around with him until he wears them out, LOL!

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

OK, One for the Men!!

Men In My Life