shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Curved Text

Curved Text

I use Corel PSP 10. How do I get the text to curve? Thanks.

I use PSP XI, but I'm pretty sure this is the same method I used for PSP 8, so it should work for you. It's probably a little backwards, and I'm sure there's a better way, but it works okay.

1) Create the vector shape that you want to fit the text to - either draw a line or draw or a shape (I usually use circles or ellipses, but anything would work)

2) Next, click on your background - if I don't do this, my text gets stuck in the same layer with the vector shape and I can't ever get them apart.

3)Now, create your text - it should make a new vector - make it what ever font and size that you want

4)Using the select arrow, click on your text. Hold the shift key down and click on the object you want to align the text to.

5)Click on the Objects menu, and select Fit Text To Path

5)Your text should now be on the path of the curve, but you've still got the object hanging out, which usually isn't what you want. So, click on the text vector layer and convert it to a raster layer.

6)Finally, click on your object vector layer and delete it and Voila, you've got text on a path!

Hope that helps!
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

ok, here goes!!

Firstly, you need to use your pen tool to draw a vector curve the shape you want it to be (or if you want it in a complete circle, use your pre-set shape tool to draw the circle). Then, you selct your text tool, hover it over the line/circle where you want it to start and you should get a kind of quarter-circle with an 'A' inside it, then type! When you have it looking the way you want - spacing, colour, font type etc, you need to make the shape/line invisible, and convert to a raster layer.

Thats as best as I can explain without screenshots!! If you need more detail, I will try to get a tutorial with screenshots done, but hopefully that will help! Of course, ask any questions and i'll try to help more!!

lol!! We both typed together there - and different ways of doing it too!!! Am sure both ways work just as well!!

TwirlyJoy,

I just tried you method! I love it! It lines up better that way and you can see how your text is going to look as you go.
    My blog - where everything is Absolute Poppycock

I have a question, I use PSP X and wondered how to put the text inside a shape? Some Templates show that the text is supposed to be inside but I can't figure out how to do it. Any help?

Thank you ladies I was able to do it Twirlyjoys way Ill have to practice the other way. Thank you again.

8. I use PSE, anyone know how to do this in PSE?
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.