shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask questions here...

Ask questions here...

Post any questions you might have about any of the lessons here and I will reply with an answer. Make sure you tell me what lesson you are asking about and what page in the tutorial you are having trouble with if applicable. I generally check questions several times a day. If you notice a delay in getting your question answered, I am probably pondering the best answer for you and will post as soon as possible but don't be afraid to ask again in case I missed it. The forum is suppose to email me when there is a new post but rarely a question may end up in my spam folder. Also, I am not online on Sundays so I answer any Sunday questions on Monday. :)

2. Hi Andrea. I'm working on lesson 2a on page 5 using the pattern stamp tool. The options bar is the same as yours, but I can't make my brush in the brushes palette look the same as yours. It's pointed at the ends, though it looks similar in the middle. I don't have an 'Other Dynamics' box to check, but I do have a 'Transfer' box which looks the same, so I put in the same settings as in the lesson. The paper's still turned out ok, but I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

Can you save the brush and upload it for me? To do that, go to the brushes panel and choose "new brush preset". Then, go to edit->preset manager. In the preset manager, your brushes will automatically come up. Scroll to the bottom and find the brush you just saved. It will be the last one. Click on it once to select it. Then, choose "Save Set" on the right side of the window. Save it to your hard drive. Then, upload it to the class folder here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/11927252/...hop_files.html

I load it and take a look at the settings and compare it with mine. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Deb3 View Post
    Hi Andrea. I'm working on lesson 2a on page 5 using the pattern stamp tool. The options bar is the same as yours, but I can't make my brush in the brushes palette look the same as yours. It's pointed at the ends, though it looks similar in the middle. I don't have an 'Other Dynamics' box to check, but I do have a 'Transfer' box which looks the same, so I put in the same settings as in the lesson. The paper's still turned out ok, but I'd like to know if I'm doing something wrong. Thanks.

4. I did have a question but I have been working on it and solved it so I deleted the question :)
    Last edited by dorieinbeijing; 10-14-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: I solved the problem

Glad you got it! :)

Quote Originally Posted by dorieinbeijing View Post
    I did have a question but I have been working on it and solved it so I deleted the question :)

6. I am working on lesson 4a. When applying the wave filter to the lower layer of my twill tape (p.12) CS5 does not allow me put in the same values for minimum and maximum wavelength and amplitude. They insert the closest value - 20 to 21 and 1 to 2.
    Is there a way around this?

7. While waiting to hear what to do with the twill tape I decided to start on lesson 4b. I had no problems until I got to page 3 - adding values to the texture section. I cannot input the minimum depth of 25% because the box is not highlighted. I was able to input everything else but a percentage like 25% seems like a lot to skip over and continue with the lesson plan. Hope you can help.

The issue with the wave filter is new. Just go with what it suggests. The numbers are close enough. That's probably another "improvement" they made with CS5. I played around with it for a while and could not figure a way around it. The numbers it suggested really did not change the output of what I was making. I'll make a note to update that.

On 4b...in cs5, you now have to set the control under the Texture settings for the brush in order to be able to set minimum depth. Before, it had a random setting it would apply if you didn't choose a control. So, just set the "Control" drop down box at the bottom of the texture window to "Fade" and set the box that comes up to 1. After you do that, you will be able to set minimum depth.

I am working on lesson 4a. When applying the wave filter to the lower layer of my twill tape (p.12) CS5 does not allow me put in the same values for minimum and maximum wavelength and amplitude. They insert the closest value - 20 to 21 and 1 to 2.
    Is there a way around this?
    While waiting to hear what to do with the twill tape I decided to start on lesson 4b. I had no problems until I got to page 3 - adding values to the texture section. I cannot input the minimum depth of 25% because the box is not highlighted. I was able to input everything else but a percentage like 25% seems like a lot to skip over and continue with the lesson plan. Hope you can help.

9. Dear Andrea. You often take screen shots. Could you tell me how to do that?
    Thanks aniolek

I use a program called Snagit. You can do it by pressing the print screen button on your keyboard. That will take a picture of the screen and put it on the clipboard. Then, open Photoshop and start a new image file. It will read the size of the clipboard and prompt you to start an image of that size. So, don't change anything and just start it with what is prompted. After it starts, press past. Then, it will past the screenshot onto your image.

Quote Originally Posted by mail4wiesia@gmail.com View Post
    Dear Andrea. You often take screen shots. Could you tell me how to do that?
    Thanks aniolek