shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: anyone use macromedia fireworks?

Hybrid View

1. anyone use macromedia fireworks?

I have this program but never used it for anything other than changing the size of a picture. I am trying to do a layout but I am having a hard time trying to figure out the program.

Is there a reason you're using Fireworks instead of a photo editing program? Photoshop or Elements is much better suited to doing photo manipulation and scrapping layouts. Fireworks is more for web work. That said, I'm sorry I don't have any familiarity with specifics in the program, so can't help you there.

3. It is a photo editing program but as far as I know is also good for flash and stuff. Myt reason for using it is because I already have it and I dont want to buy another program after the trial is up.

I was just about finished doing my first layout and I got an error and I think I may have lost all of my work.

Quote Originally Posted by kenliesmom View Post
    I was just about finished doing my first layout and I got an error and I think I may have lost all of my work.
    Oh no! I have had that happen before. You will quickly learn to save your work every few steps, assuming your program has that feature. I'm not familiar with your program either. I was lucky enough to have someone give me an ancient, badly outdated copy of Photoshop when I was first starting out and then upgraded to PSE when it was on sale and I had saved up the money.

Although I have not used it, you may want to try downloading a free program called Gimp. From what I've heard it has some limitations for scrapping but it sounds like it may be better than your current program.

5. Thanks for the help... I was able to figure out the progam and finished my first page.

i hope you are able to recover your first layout!
    i think losing our work has happened to all of us :(

i dont have any familiarity with your program either, so sorry i wish i could help