Results 181 to 190 of 226
Thread: Speed Scrap - Friday, Sept 24th!
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM #181
09-24-2010, 07:00 PM #182
(1) Select TWO coordinating background papers. Preferably these papers will have a light pattern ... no SOLID papers. Choose one to be the background or bottom paper, then place the second on top leaving about an inch of the bottom paper showing on one of the sides -- this could be the right, the left, the bottom or the top ... your choice!
(2) Select ONE photo and place it on your page. Feel free to add a treatment or technique to the photo ... for instance, depending on the colors and patterns of your paper choice ... maybe a black and white, or a sepia- toned photo would look best. Or NOT ... it's up to you!
(3) Select some sort of frame for your photo. Traditional frame placement is fine, but feel free to be creative ... like placing the frame behind the photo instead of over it. Again ... it's totally up to you!
(4) Grab some elements that will coordinate with your papers and the photo, and cluster them closely around the photo and frame. As many as you like ... or as few as you like ... totally up to you! Are ya experiencing a zen moment ... ahhh ... speed scrapping with no stress!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!
(5) To further define the edge between the two papers, grab a piece of lace and layer it between the two ... let the edge of the lace peek out from underneath the top paper ... and, to polish the edge further, grab some sort of stitching and place it on the edge of the top piece of paper - close to the lace edge. OR ... just lemme see some lace and stitchin' somewhere on your page ...
(6) Create a title!
(7) Last step: Add any additional journaling needed (you know I'm big on journaling, right?!), and date your page!
You have one additional hour to complete and polish up your layout ... add shadowing and any additional embellishments that will make your page your own! Post your layout in the Speed Scrap gallery => HERE -- and link it back to this thread so we can leave ya some love!
Last edited by SparkysGirl; 09-24-2010 at 07:03 PM.
09-24-2010, 07:01 PM #183
09-24-2010, 07:05 PM #184
09-24-2010, 07:05 PM #185
Lisa- Thanks so much for hosting this awesome speed scrap. I love to speed scrap. I always think we need more of them!
Dona- GO FOR IT- I know you can complete it in time because you're awesome like that.
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM #186
09-24-2010, 07:07 PM #187
Thanks Lisa, BBL with my page
09-24-2010, 07:08 PM #188
okay, i am off to finish up
thanks for the fun SS
i am usually all about filling up the space, but i am sort of liking
my streamlined page i am attempting
09-24-2010, 07:09 PM #189GDS Addict
- Join Date
- Mar 2007
Ok... forgot to add the date so I'm off to do that.
09-24-2010, 07:09 PM #190
I'll PM the coupon for your CUTE, CUTE, CUTE posting bonus provided by Holly ...
and one of y'all will receive a $5 coupon to Hollys store via random drawing.
BIG THANKS TO HOLLY for both the coupon and the posting bonus!!!!