shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Scrap - Friday, Sept 24th!

1. Ok... someone needs to come take this bag on M&Ms away from me before I make myself sick eating them all. LOL

Awesome- Thanks.

Ready for the next step-whenever.

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    I'm old and gray because my family is making me this way, LOL

Liz--Got Mom home from the hospital this afternoon, and she is doing well. We had to fight with the Doctor to let us bring her home instead of going to rehab, but I think we will be fine. She is a little weak, but a hospital stay and losing a lot of blood due to a bleeding ulcer will do that to you! And golly gee, she is 91 years young, she has a right to be tired and weak.
    Awww ... bless her, Cathy ... I'm sure she's much happier at home!

Congrats Tronesia. I haven't had a chance to even look at any layouts all week.

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2 View Post
    I'm old and gray because my family is making me this way, LOL

Liz--Got Mom home from the hospital this afternoon, and she is doing well. We had to fight with the Doctor to let us bring her home instead of going to rehab, but I think we will be fine. She is a little weak, but a hospital stay and losing a lot of blood due to a bleeding ulcer will do that to you! And golly gee, she is 91 years young, she has a right to be tired and weak.
    I saw you mentioned this on FB...glad to hear she's home now and doing better. Doctors can be very stubborn and 'unreal' sometimes.

My Blog || My Twitter

6. Have we done anything since the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by britnkaysmemaw2

I am glad you were able to bring your Mom home. I would feel better being on the mend at home too.

Quote Originally Posted by diamndprincz View Post
    Awww thanks Lisa!
    Sorry I am quiet ...Aida is sick and thinks she can boss the world over here...won't even let me get to the computer :(
    This so made me giggle ... she is so CUTE!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stater View Post
    Ok... someone needs to come take this bag on M&Ms away from me before I make myself sick eating them all. LOL
    Pass them over, we will gladly share!

(1) Select TWO coordinating background papers. Preferably these papers will have a light pattern ... no SOLID papers. Choose one to be the background or bottom paper, then place the second on top leaving about an inch of the bottom paper showing on one of the sides -- this could be the right, the left, the bottom or the top ... your choice!

(2) Select ONE photo and place it on your page. Feel free to add a treatment or technique to the photo ... for instance, depending on the colors and patterns of your paper choice ... maybe a black and white, or a sepia- toned photo would look best. Or NOT ... it's up to you!

(3) Select some sort of frame for your photo. Traditional frame placement is fine, but feel free to be creative ... like placing the frame behind the photo instead of over it. Again ... it's totally up to you!

(4) Grab some elements that will coordinate with your papers and the photo, and cluster them closely around the photo and frame. As many as you like ... or as few as you like ... totally up to you! Are ya experiencing a zen moment ... ahhh ... speed scrapping with no stress!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

(5) To further define the edge between the two papers, grab a piece of lace and layer it between the two ... let the edge of the lace peek out from underneath the top paper ... and, to polish the edge further, grab some sort of stitching and place it on the edge of the top piece of paper - close to the lace edge. OR ... just lemme see some lace and stitchin' somewhere on your page ...