shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first time...

1. Thumbs up My first time...

Thanks to your wonderful website I decided to give digiscrap a go. I spent most of the night working on an invitation for my mum's 60th birthday and I think i've got it! I know it's not much compared to the work on this site but a good start. Thanks so much for the inspiration ladies! (oops and any men who scrap!)

Nxo

ps. I have no idea how to save this as a picture file without losing the text so suggestions would be welcome!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beautiful invitation! You did a great job!

You didn't say what you were using as far as software. We can help ya with how to save it for the web if you let us know what you're using.

3. Quote Originally Posted by SparkysGirl View Post
    Beautiful invitation! You did a great job!

You didn't say what you were using as far as software. We can help ya with how to save it for the web if you let us know what you're using.
    Thanks! I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 6. I had no idea what to use so read the beginners instructions on your site and although it mentioned Version 5 on your site I found that I had 6 already on my pc....

In PSE, go to FILE -> Save For Web

** You'll get a message about the file size exceeding size save for web was designed for, etc ... click Yes to continue

To the far right, modify the file type to JPEG, and then the size to 600 x 600. Make sure the "Constrain Proportions" box is checked.

Then click OK, and give your file a name.

This file will then be the correct size to upload to the gallery.

Hope this helps!

Welcome to GDS. You did a fantastic job on the invite.

PSE 6 should work pretty much the same as PSE 5 as far as the tutorials go.

For loading to the gallery here if you go to the resources tab/for beginners....you will find tutorials about how to upload to the gallery, etc.

Good luck, and again welcome to GDS.

You did a great job for your first digiscrap! I look forward to seeing some more layouts in your gallery.

Congrats! Great job! Are you hooked yet???? LOL! You are now joining the world of digiscrap-aholics!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

You did a great job on the invite - especially since it was your first try! You should she my first ones, they're pretty bad, LOL!

9. awww i like that card! you did a great job!

Beautiful invite!