shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Ask questions here...

Ask questions here...

Post any questions you might have about any of the lessons here and I will reply with an answer. Make sure you tell me what lesson you are asking about and what page in the tutorial you are having trouble with if applicable. I generally check questions several times a day. If you notice a delay in getting your question answered, I am probably pondering the best answer for you and will post as soon as possible but don't be afraid to ask again in case I missed it. The forum is suppose to email me when there is a new post but rarely a question may end up in my spam folder. Also, I am not online on Sundays so I answer any Sunday questions on Monday. :)

Okey Doke!

Andrea,

I am working on Week 2, Lesson C.

I am working in CS5, but I hope you can still provide answers. If not, no biggie.

When I am trying to make the brush settings, I have the following issues:
    1) On the TEXTURES tab, the "Minimum Depth" setting is grayed out. What makes this available to modify the setting?
    2) Other Dynamics is not available to me. It's not even in the list of settings options.

** I uploaded a screen shot of my workspace to help you see what I'm talking about. **

Thanks,
    Lisa

In cs5, you now have to set the control under the Texture settings in order to be able to set minimum depth. Before, it had a random setting it would apply if you didn't choose a control. So, just set the "Control" drop down box at the bottom of the texture window to "Fade" and set the box that comes up to 1. After you do that, you will be able to set minimum depth.

You can find the other dynamics under the transfer settings. I don't know why they renamed it, but they did. :)

I love change!

Quote Originally Posted by SparkysGirl View Post
    Andrea,

I am working on Week 2, Lesson C.

I am working in CS5, but I hope you can still provide answers. If not, no biggie.

When I am trying to make the brush settings, I have the following issues:
    1) On the TEXTURES tab, the "Minimum Depth" setting is grayed out. What makes this available to modify the setting?
    2) Other Dynamics is not available to me. It's not even in the list of settings options.

** I uploaded a screen shot of my workspace to help you see what I'm talking about. **

Thanks,
    Lisa
    Last edited by Andrea; 09-16-2010 at 07:36 AM.