shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Who is using the GIMP?

1. Who is using the GIMP?

Well, I'm just curious. On french forums, I see lots of people using this software, but as I browse american blogs, forums or websites, no-one seems to mention it... I really surprised, because it's a powerful tool, just the same as Photoshop or Paint shop pro, but free!
    little snowflake, scrapping with the Gimp
    my blog

I know several scrappers who use GIMP. I'm not sure if any of them are members here though.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

I tried it out, but found it more comparable to Paint Shop Pro. I didn't think it was as good as Photoshop though. I think it's catching on among scrappers though!

4. The truth is I didn't try Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop: my budget doesn't allow me to buy any of them. And I thought it was pointless to learn to use the demo, then change for another software...
    I'm still wondering why it's not mentionned on the list of potential softwares for digi-scrapbooking, especially here!

(oh, and I didn't say it on your blog, but I prefer the new picture!)
    little snowflake, scrapping with the Gimp
    my blog

I used it for awhile, and would still be using it, but I won PSE 5 (thank you, GDS! ). I found Gimp easy enough to use, though the interface confused me the first time I used it. LOL I had previous experience with PSP 7, PSP X, and Picture It Express.
    Maybe you can become our in-house expert on Gimp!!
    ~~Julie P.~~

Hi, I have been using the Gimp for a few months now, I am very new to all these fancy programs and I a ways to go with trying to figure everything out, cant wait for a few more years when I can actually say I mastered one of these programs, but until then I will continue to try and figure it all out. I have got the transparency effects down pretty good, plus I learned to paint in there also, my next adventure is learning how to use the layering effects! Yikes might take me a hile for that one! LOL But its not a bad a program and for the price, well that pretty good also! LOL

7. I downloaded it, but only spent a short time trying it out. I'm not sure I have the time to learn a new program. I was hoping that it would be more similar to PS than PSP, since I already have PSP. Someday I'll get around to playing around with it more.
    Cathy

I think any program that lets you scrap is a marvelous program.

I have to say that GIMP is a pretty robust little program. I used it while my Photoshop was down! It's certainly great for digi scrapping! I hadn't really used it that much until my Photoshop went south! Thanks for reminding me about this! I think I'll set my mother up with it so she doesn't have to purchase any software.