shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: cs4 question

cs4 question

I just attempted to move my CS4 from my hard drive to my EHD. When I went to open it, it wouldn't run. Said it was missing something so I moved it all back to my hard drive. Now it's telling me I'm missing the same thing it was missing when I put it in my EHD!!! Any clues? I have the discs at work so I can re-install but I'm impatient.

I don't believe you can just "move it." Did you install it from your main drive or the external?

When you install, it asks you for a directory to install to, that will determine where everything will be located. So when you install..you can select your EHD and that way you can open it from there.

My Blog || My Twitter

CS4 is a program. It must be installed on the root drive which is C:/. If you move it.. it will hate you forever and not work.. as all the files in the registry are looking in a specific folder to find stuff and you've moved them. Just moving it back doesn't work either.. as the registry still doen't know what you've done. You can do a search on for the file it says you're missing and try putting it back into the correct folder.. I would think it would be the main one.. c:/program files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS4 -- you'd use your *windows explorer* to access those files.. and if you've got Win 7 you likely will not have the file extensions turned on.. you can do that in Windows explorer/tools/folder options/view .. scroll down and uncheck the *hide files blah blah* options..

OR you can Try re-installing it. That should work.

Things that you should save though.. look in the folder that's got the brushes you made in the lessons.. save them somewhere on your EHD. Then you can load them again later. If you saved them in photoshop.. they would be in a folder in (if you have win 7) c:/Program files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CS4/Presets/Brushes

You'll also see other folders in the presets folder.. if you've made any styles you may want to save them somewhere else first too.

Thanks Lone, I really don't know why I did this....just crazy I guess. Looks like I'll be re-installing tomorrow!!! UGH!