shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there any good free antivirus out there?

I used Norton for 3 years.It is a resource hog.I hated it.
    My son put Avast on my computer 3 years ago and I will never have anything else. It's free and it has caught every virus that has tried to get me.It sounds like a siren when it detects something.You don't have to do a thing,it takes care of it right then.
    I love it.It updates itself automaticallyand scans your computer constantly.

Dancing puts a smile in your feet.

2. I just deinstalled Norton AGAIN from my new laptop. It is a HUGE resource hog. I have used AVG (free version) in the past and am using it again now. I have not had any problems with it. Like Rebecca, I really like the FREE part lol. I have not tried AVAST. I would if I hadn't already installed AVG again. AVG is constantly scanning and updating, etc in the background without bothering you, but pops up if it detects something also.

I have a friend who's husband is in IT & he told me to use Avast Home Edition & Windows Defender. I've been using them for over 1 year & have NEVER had a problem! They are both free too!

Malwarebytes

Yep, it's free.

i have used norton but actually find it quite invasive, it doesnt seem to operate in the background- i liked the sound of free so downloaded McFee but like the sound of the other two mentioned so may change to them next year

6. I've used Avast (free) for a couple of years now and I can't fault it one bit

Not free, but I love Vipre. It runs so efficiently without hogging resources.

I have Avast and love it.

I use AVG Free Edition and it is doing a fabulous job!

10. I use avg too i love it