shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Blog background help please

Blog background help please

I found this awesome tutorial tonight from Kevin & Amanda on how to make your own blog background. I followed their steps, and it turned out fabulous. Now, I can't get it to load. I followed their steps on that too, but to no avail. Is anyone out there tech savvy with blogs and changing the backgrounds?

I uploaded my Saved for Web background to my photobucket account, used the links as they said to replace some of the html text but all I get is a blank page.

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsn...ackground.html

That is the link to the tutorial. And here is the text I am having the problems with.

Go to your Dashboard > Layout > Edit HTML.
    Look in alllll that code for something that looks like this (donít worry, it should be close to the top):
    body {
    background:$bgcolor;
    And change it to something that looks like this:
    body {
    background: url(http://www.photobucket.com/background.jpg) no-repeat center fixed #FFFFFF;
    Where http://www.photobucket.com/background.jpg is the direct link to the image.

This is where I run into the problem!

When using the links from photobucket, do you use the direct link or the Img link?

Help please, lol!

oh my Cathy!
    i have such issues in changing all this stuff
    I am not sure what you use
    I know for all the layout stuff/enabling, I use the direct link from photobucket

one thing I found helpful when I tried updating my blog, is to go to a blog you like and then when you right click -- choose "view source"

that will show you how that blog designed things
    I would copy and paste that stuff into a word document and use that as my guide in getting mine updated.

i am not sure if this helps muich
    but i am thinking of you. i have spent many late nights trying to update the blog.

good luck

Thanks Liz. I will try anything at this point. Why can't they make things more simple for those of us who are not all that tech savvy? LOL.

You are so awesome Liz. That worked. Thanks...now to revise it to look more like I want it to, but hey not bad for my first try.

Glad to see you got it up Cathy. :-)
    Holler at me if you need any help. I am not a pro..but I will help as much as I can.

My Blog || My Twitter

6. glad you got it figured out. the blog looks great!
    Snag me ---->

Cathy, you've inspired me!! I don't have a blog and am thinking of starting one but I don't know what I'll blog about just yet. I went to the site to do the background but really don't know what to do from there. I'll keep working on it!! Thanks for the inspiration and your blog looks great.

Thanks everyone. Still gotta work on it. Haven't figured out how to add the header and such, but will keep plugging away at it.

Anna---if I figured out how to do a blog, I know YOU can! lol. I mainly just do my CT stuff there. Can't wait to see what you come up with.