shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using Styles in PSE7

I'm not good enough at explaining things to tell you how to use styles but I will say that if you would take the time to learn to use them, you will be amazed at all you can do with them. I refuse to confess how many styles I have (LOTS) but I use them for so many different things. It is so much faster than doing everything manually. You can find styles for creating drop shadows, holes for stitching, inked edges. You can also find metal styles, glitter, plastic, paper, texture, vellum, fabric, the list goes on and on.

If you want to experiment with some freebie ones, a good resource is Adobe.com. They have an exchange there with tons of freebies (styles, brushes, shapes, etc.).
    Last edited by tbcarter2002; 05-19-2010 at 07:47 AM.

Thanks for the info, Terri and Britanee! Those will be a big help!

Quote Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
    Make sure you can view all hidden folders (control panel->folder options->view->show hidden files & folders). Then follow this trail-
    Local Disk (C:)->All Users->Application Data->Adobe->Photoshop Elements->7.0->Photo Creations

in your photo creations folder, there's subfolders for your layer styles, filters, photo effects, etc. if you right click on photo creations, you can create a shortcut so then you're not hunting it down everytime you want to add new styles. did that make more sense Cathy?
    Yes, Thanks Britanee...I was having a senior moment that day, ROFL.