shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charity Kit help

Charity Kit help

HI all,

I am putting together 2 charity kits to benefit a friend of mine who is adopting a little SN boy from Haiti. This little guy is 15 months old and has a very large hernia (easily corrected by surgery here in the US). She is adopting from the same orphanage we are adopting Clarens from.

If there are any designers here (or people who like doing it for fun) that are interested in helping please e-mail me. Also if anyone knows someone who would like to help, let me know.

Thus far the deisgners that have agreed to help are:
    Kay Miller
    Christy Skaggs
    Restored Elegence
    On My Own Designs
    Karen Wallace

Here is the color palate that we are using (picked out by Christy Skaggs)

and it was based on this Haitian painting that I have

If you want to be involved, the 2 kits that we are doing (you can choose one or both...both are based on the same color palate):
    Haiti in my Heart series
    #1 Hope for Anderson - Theme: children, play, adoption
    #2 Bringing Anderson Home - Theme: tropical, travel, Haiti

I am hoping to have kit #1 done by the end of May so that it can come out in June....and #2 done by the end of June so that it can come out in July.

THANKS!!!

Here is little Anderson (me holding him on April 11, 2010)

Anderson holding the stuffed animal his mom sent to him
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

What a wonderful thing you're doing here, Wendy. I guess we know why you've been busy lately--your little guy will be so lucky to join your family!

Thanks Dona. We started the adoption process for Clarens back in early March and it has been crazy busy since then. We also went on vacation in mid-March (planned way back in Jan) and just before we left on that we got in on plans to go to Haiti with a group (April 9-11) of other adoptive parents all visiting their children. Also add into that, me teaching a homeschool co-op class for 10 weeks (3 left to go).

I have hardly done any scrapping at all since the end of March...just no time!
    Last edited by rumkimom; 05-04-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    Wendy

I think it's a wonderful thing, too. Your photos brought tears to my eyes! I wish I could design and help! All I can offer is to ask that you please let me know when the kit is available ... I'll buy it, for sure! The color palette is gorgeous ... it's sure to be a beautiful kit. Best wishes!

5. Hi Wendy! Count me in!

I'd be happy to help. I'll throw together some papers and elements for you. I'll send you an email. Such sweet photos, I wish there was more we could do for them all.

Jenn & Darlene - THANK-YOU!!! I will send you both a PM with more info on due dates and such.
    Wendy

I would love to help too! Count me in!!! Where will this be sold at?
    Last edited by marshmella; 05-04-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Marshmella-Thanks so much!! I will send you a PM with the information I sent to the others.

As far as where this is being sold....I'm still working out those details. If the store I am working with right now decides that they can't do it, I have other possiblities.

Also I will let everyone know when this kit does come out.
    Last edited by rumkimom; 05-04-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Wendy

What a wonderful thing! :) You meet the nicest people when you scrapbook!