shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Scrap May 2 { 5:00 pm PST / 6:00 MST / 7:00 CST / 8:00 EST }

Speed Scrap May 2 - 5:00 pm Pacific / 6:00 Mountain / 7:00 Central / 8:00 Eastern

Speed Scrap anyone? I LOVE speed scraps, and I can't wait to host one for the very first time!

Please join me for a chat and speed scrap on Sunday, May 2. The start time will be 5:00 pm Pacific / 6:00 pm Mountain / 7:00 pm Central / 8:00 pm Eastern

You will receive 7 prompts to design your page in one hour, then post your layout here in the Speed Scraps Gallery no later than 1 hour after the end of the speed scrap:
    7:00 pm Pacific / 8:00 pm Mountain / 9:00 pm Central / 10:00 pm Eastern. Also, please post a link to your layout here in the forum thread.

Steps will be posted here at the top of the thread, as new comments within the thread, and in the chat room.

Everyone who participates will receive a coupon for a DDR! ** PLUS One Lucky Winner will be selected by random drawing to receive a $5 coupon good towards ANY PURCHASE at the GDS Store! **

** Update: I decided to provide a HINT!!! This will be a multi-photo layout! More than one photo! More specifics in step #1 on Sunday! **

Keep in mind that while many of the instructions will say to use "at least" a certain number of items, more is OK! Feel free to use any techniques you like to adapt these instructions to your own scrappin' style. And most importantly - HAVE FUN!!!

1. PHOTOS - Choose at least 3 photos. Arrange the photos near each other, but not in a straight line. It's OK to use a template if you want.

2. PAPERS - Select at least 2 papers to feature prominently in your layout, use at least one solid paper and one printed paper. Don't forget - it's always OK to use more if you want!

3. SOMETHING SPECIAL - Choose 1 of the photos for some sort of special treatment to make it really stand out on your page. How you do this is up to you! You could make it black & white, run an action, use a frame, matte or mask, make it larger than the other 2... whatever you want.

4. ELEMENTS - Choose at least 1 string or ribbon (or lace or ricrac!) to add to your page. If you don't have, or prefer not to use one of those, you could substitute a strip of coordinating or contrasting paper.

5. MORE ELEMENTS! - Find at least 3 different elements/embellishments to add to your page. Using the same type of element is OK, e.g. 3 flowers, but choose 3 different colors or types of flowers.

6. WORDS, WORDS, WORDS!! - Add a title using an alpha or a large size font AND at least 2 sentences of journaling.

7. FINISHING TOUCHES - Add a DATE anywhere on your page, and include any final touches, additions, shadows, etc. you want to finish your page.

Post your layout in the Speed Scraps Gallery no later than 1 hour after the end of the speed scrap:
    7:00 pm Pacific / 8:00 pm Mountain / 9:00 pm Central / 10:00 pm Eastern. Also, please post a link to your layout here in the forum thread.

Last edited by reboscraps; 05-02-2010 at 05:19 PM.

ReboScraps Blog

Creating for: Pixel Gypsy, Dysfunctional Designs, Krisi's Kreations

YAY! Got it on my calendar!

Ok... it's marked down.. Thanks for putting in all the time zones...

Hope I can make this one...

I hope I can make this one. I usually don't get home from church until about 7:30 (I'm in central time zone) so we'll have to see.

Okay - I really have to try and make this one - I know it's NSD, and there will be lots of shopping, but perhaps I'll have a new kit to scrap with!

Sounds like fun to me. Gonna mark my calendar.

I am going to try and make it. I will have to check with DH first. We are central time so 7 is early. DD doesn't go to bed until 8. I really want to come so I will try.

Hi, everyone, I wrote my speed scrap instructions today, and decided to provide a little "hint" about the speed scrap! Can't wait, it's going to be FUN!

** HINT: This will be a multi-photo layout - more than one photo! More specifics in step #1 on Sunday! **

(This has also been added to the start of the thread for newcomers!)
    Last edited by reboscraps; 04-26-2010 at 11:30 AM.

ReboScraps Blog

Creating for: Pixel Gypsy, Dysfunctional Designs, Krisi's Kreations

Yay for hints! I think I can make it, see you there!