shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Removing white box from a graphic

Anita, These are all vector graphics and can be opened in a drawing program like Adobe Illustrator. Then you can manipulate them. When you open them into Photoshop or Elements, you rasterize the vectors and make a flattened image, which is then harder to manipulate and at the mercy of the size/resolution of the copied image. The nice thing about vector graphics is that they are resolution-independent, can be sized up or down without losing resolution, and can be recolored, etc. in the original drawing program. Any file that has the .eps extension is a vector graphic.

I used CS2 .. opened it up and pasted it on a blank background. Used the magic wand tool and clicked on the white part that I didn't want .... you should have marching ants around the edges .. push erase and VOILA .. you have a PNG format with no white to it. Save it as PNG and you are done.
    Last edited by tweederbug; 04-15-2010 at 05:27 PM.

I'm not sure how to do it in other programs, but in Photoshop just duplicate the layer, then use your Magic Wand to select then delete the white space.

If you're using PSE - you should be able to just use the "Magic" eraser and click on the white background and it should remove just the white. I do it all the time and it usually works okay.

5. Thank you everyone for your help. I'm still trying to learn PSE 5 so I sometimes feel like a dummy.

Anita