shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another request ...

Another request ...

I have been searching for textures for photographs. I have seen many photos with textures to them and I LOVE them. I have found a few browsing the internet but nothing that I have in mind. I thought that you the designers could make some. I have tried to use textured papers and do it that way but I can't make it look the same as I see. If anyone has tips on this PLEASE let me know. If not .. hope the designers can think of something for me ! If I have overlooked them here .. point me in the right direction !

Have you tried the various filter options in Photoshop (if that's what you're using)? For example, filter-->sketch-->water paper gives a great texture. As does filter-->brush strokes--> crosshatch. Experiment!

Are you thinking about a style that can be applied that has the texture in it?

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Have you tried the various filter options in Photoshop (if that's what you're using)? For example, filter-->sketch-->water paper gives a great texture. As does filter-->brush strokes--> crosshatch. Experiment!
    That doesn't get the effect that I want. I want overlays that are made for pictures. Some have colors in them .. the pink textures are so pretty for pictures of little girls with pettiskirts on :)! Alot of photographers sell them as "photographer tools" but I thought that some designers could make them also. They are simple overlays,grunge,scratch,vintage,colored .. add to your picture adjust the opacity,erase the subject and you created an entirely different photo.

Example pic that I did of a textured overlay that I got off of a photographer.
    This picture was too bright from the sun. I added the texture to try and balance it out. Picture is of my daughter playing outside on her wooden chair.
    Before:

After:

Another image that I did .. I just added a sun effect to the picture with the texture. It's something new that I am hoping to add to my portfolio:
    Before:

After:

Wow... just jumping in to say I love your photos....! I like them with the texture and without! Sorry, no help here.... ack!

Those are awesome. I love the pics both ways, but the effects really add to the photo. Good luck getting help with this. It would definitely be a tool I would love to use too.

I use papers and overlays I have in my digistash to get some
    cool effects for my photos.
    I have a few go-to papers and blending modes are my friend
    It can be trial and error, but I have had some great luck, and
    I get to use what I already have.

I have been working on a school album for my dd, and blending
    some of her artwork with my digipapers has worked so well, given I
    have had to scan in all her projects.

Ok, I've been lurking around watching this thread. Here's are some I created this morning. Is this what you are wanting? The first one is the original.
    Last edited by Andrea; 09-16-2010 at 07:34 AM.

Wow,
    those are cool Andrea!
    And it helps to have a super cute subject too :)

He's so funny. He loves posing for Mom! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by elenasworld View Post
    Wow,
    those are cool Andrea!
    And it helps to have a super cute subject too :)