shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP!!!! My Computer Monitor is All Messed Up!!!

HELP!!!! My Computer Monitor is All Messed Up!!!

I don't know what happened but all of a sudden about 1/3 rd of my monitor is black with thin colored lines running vertically across the black area and there seems to be an imprint of a leaf on it as well. I don't know what I did nor how to fix it. I shut the computer down.....waited.....rebooted...but it is still there. Did I really mess this up???? Any ideas??

Is your machine loading otherwise? could be it's not the monitor but the power supply - a box inside your machine that controls the power to your machine .. when it's acting up or on the way out.. it makes weird things happen.. I'd check that out first.. they are not expensive to replace.. just have to make sure you get one that fits your box and with sufficient power for all the stuff your running.

That's my 2 cents...

Do you have another monitor you could plug to it? Just to be sure your pc is loading.

My Blog || My Twitter

All my stuff is loading just can't see the try at the bottom where my programs are. Also, I'm working on a laptop.

Could be a monitor problem--just like a TV, they can develop bad problems. You want a new, big monitor, right??

Can you hear the fans running on your laptop? Is it very warm?
    Try leaving it off for at least half an hour and see if it comes back on.
    Could be a graphics card issue. Not sure what kind of laptop it is but most have intergrated graphics cards which can cause an issue with overheating causing your screen not to show.

This happened to me a few years ago but I was running my graphics card over its limits and it had just burned out.
    My screen would go completely black eventually. I would look at which programs you were running when this happened. If they require a lot of your computer's resources, then
    that could have caused your screen to go out.
    Last edited by diamndprincz; 04-12-2010 at 05:17 PM.

My Blog || My Twitter

I think I broke it!!! It kinda looks like a car window that gets a little ding, then the ding runs all down the window!!! When I turn it off I can still see the leaf like image and the tail now runs all the way up diagonally across my screen. The bad/good thing is that this is a school laptop. I hope our IT dept. can fix it or that there is a warranty. I guess it's time to start researching a new computer.....preferably one with a big screen!! lol

Maybe someone dropped it?

When I came back after last summer one one the monitors was all messed up, we could only assume a custodian dropped it while cleaning, the case looked fine but the LCD was damaged.

I wish I could blame it on someone but it's been sitting here in my house with no one touching it except me!! Oh well. Thanks you all for trying to help!!!

That's a bummer Anna. Hope the IT dept. can fix it for you.