shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've got a question on Journalling !

Oh and Connie, she might be referring to the fact that it re-maps all images files to open up automatically with ACDSee instead of other scrapping products like PSE or PSP, etc. Not sure if that's what she meant by taking over or not :)
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

2. Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    Thanks Connie! For anyone who doesn't know, Connie is an export with ACDSee products....
    Thanks Holly, I'm around to help.
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials

*Have you backed up your ACDSee database recently?
    *Optimize your ACDSee database weekly :)

3. Thanks I was a little confused as it looks like you pay to download it - there is an extra charge for a CD and licence - I couldn't work out how I would put it on my laptop as I'm not networked at home - would I save it to my desktop and then make a backup CD just in case my system crashed ?

4. Quote Originally Posted by lillykins View Post
    Thanks I was a little confused as it looks like you pay to download it - there is an extra charge for a CD and licence - I couldn't work out how I would put it on my laptop as I'm not networked at home - would I save it to my desktop and then make a backup CD just in case my system crashed ?
    hi,
    The download for the trial is free.
    There are options if you choose to purchase:
    You really just need to buy the software. The insurance isn't necessary, nor is th e CD.

Then you can take the exe file and a text file with the license code and burn a CD or the backup - in case your system crashes.

And you can download the trial onto each computer from our website.

PM me if you have questions.
    http://www.digiscrapinfo.com/dsiwiki..._Photo_Manager
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials

*Have you backed up your ACDSee database recently?
    *Optimize your ACDSee database weekly :)

5. Thanks Connie - that makes sense now ! sorry for making this so difficult and HollyS yes I did mean that it takes over all the files - I've downloaded the trial now and it just wants to hug everything - I'll go back and read what I need to do to change the settings. I'm ok with it but DH wants his photo's on his Canon software not ACDSee !!

Here's what you can do to change it so that JPGs automatically open up in the software you want when you double click them...

Open up Windows Explorer
    Go to File > Folder Options
    Click the File Types tab
    Find JPG in the scroll list and click to highlight it
    In the bottom part of the window it will ACDSee as the software, click change
    You should see the softare for you camera in the list of ones to pick from

Now once you've made that change you are good to go. You can always open up JPGs in ACDSee using windows explorer or my computer by find the .jpg and right-clicking on then use the Open With option and choose ACDSee yourself.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

7. Thanks so much for this Holly - you're a star