shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've got a question on Journalling !

1. I've got a question on Journalling !

A couple of questions

I'm still trying to find my way around the site there's so much !! I've stumbled on the template challenge which looks like an easy thing to tackle as my first layout. I've followed the instructions on what a template is and how to use it for CS2 - thanks very much - only problem I had was using the alt/ctrl/g gave me Google rather than clipping mask but I can do that the long way around. I've worked my way around all of the other layers and put in my papers and photo. The Title was easy enough but I'm now really struggling with the journalling. I know what I want to put but can't work out how to format it etc. If I was in any Microsoft product I'd just either free type or create a text box so that I can move it about so that it looks nice on the page - I must be missing something in CS as I can't see anything - can anyone help please ?

The other question is how do you all log what papers/elements you use for your layouts - who's they were - where they came from etc...

Thanks

Lilly

2. Hi Lilly, I'm sure another CS2 member will be able to answer your question about adding a text layer.

Some digiscrappers use ACDSEE to organize their digiscrappin supplies including tagging where they came from, designer, etc. You can download a free trial at the bottom of any of our web pages.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Lilly,

I don't use CS2, but in CS it is just ctr-G to clip ......

Hi Lily,

Here's what I do in CS2. When I'm ready to type my journalling, I simply click on the Text tool (the "T" sign on the tools pallette on the left of the screen), then bring the cursor to the page where I want the journalling to be, the cursor will turn into a sort of t shaped arrow in a dotted box, and once I click, i can begin typing on a new text layer.

After I'm done, i can use the usual "move" tool (top right tool in the pallette) to move the journalling around the page.

There's a whole lot more you can do too, but that should help you get started. Hope you can understand what i'm saying, do check back if you have any more difficulties!!

For clipping in CS2, it's alt-ctrl-g to create a clipping mask. You select the top layer that you want to clip (such as paper that you are clipping to a template) and then press the alt-ctrl-g. It will then clip that layer onto the layer below. Merge the two layers to make it permanent after that.

6. Thanks all - I have been doing text like this I was just hoping that there was an easier way. As for ACDSee I was wondering whether to purchase it - I did a trial a while back and it looked great the only thing I found against it was that it seemed to take over my PC and I didn't seem to have any control over it - I'll have another look at it though as I do need something to help me rationalise all the downloads I have. If I purchase direct does anyone know if it comes as a disc or as a download as I'd like to put it on my laptop too but I don't have my PCs networked ?

7. Regarding your ACDSee question, when I bought it I was given the option to get a CD mailed if I wanted. I chose not to. Another option is to do Save instead of Open when you are at the point where it's ready to download the file to you. I have a directory called SoftwareInstalls that I keep my downloaded install files in. I then copy to wherever I need to install it and run the install. The downside to this is that I have to do the install instead of the computer doing it for me when I click Open at download time. I can't comment on any possible license issue putting it on more than one machine.

8. Thanks Holly - I've looked into it and it looks like I can either just download, purchase a CD or have an extended download option that enables you to put it on more than once machine - need to have a look at suppliers to see what the the best deal is now.

Lilly

9. Quote Originally Posted by lillykins View Post
    Thanks all - I have been doing text like this I was just hoping that there was an easier way. As for ACDSee I was wondering whether to purchase it - I did a trial a while back and it looked great the only thing I found against it was that it seemed to take over my PC and I didn't seem to have any control over it - I'll have another look at it though as I do need something to help me rationalise all the downloads I have. If I purchase direct does anyone know if it comes as a disc or as a download as I'd like to put it on my laptop too but I don't have my PCs networked ?
    Hi,
    You can have it on 3 computers. Just download the trial & put the same license code in each computer.

And if you click thru at the beginning and it seems to take over, those settings can be changed. You are in control! Under options, there are a lot of choices. Let us know at DigiScrapInfo.com and we'll give you a hand.
    ~ Connie ~
    ACDSee Community Manager

ACDSee Tutorials

*Have you backed up your ACDSee database recently?
    *Optimize your ACDSee database weekly :)

10. Thanks Connie! For anyone who doesn't know, Connie is an expert with ACDSee products....
    Last edited by HollyS; 05-03-2007 at 07:41 PM.