shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become a designer?

1. How to become a designer?

Hi,
    I would like to learn to design kits, but have no idea where to start, so is there any classes you can take or education that is useful? Graphic Design? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
    Dawn

There are some great classes offered here at GDS.

See HERE.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmella View Post
    There are some great classes offered here at GDS.

See HERE.
    There's still time!! Andrea's classes don't start for 2 more days!
    I also want to design. Seriously... it's like a craving!!
    I just signed up for the classes today. Take the class with me!!! =)

Quote Originally Posted by DavisChronicles View Post
    There's still time!! Andrea's classes don't start for 2 more days!
    I also want to design. Seriously... it's like a craving!!
    I just signed up for the classes today. Take the class with me!!! =)
    Dawn .... you are such a sweetie! You make me want to sign up for a class!

5. This is so funny...my name is Dawn too and I have been an artist my whole life!! This is just a new avenue for me. I Just don't have time to take the classes right now, but I too want to design digi scrap one day and have so many great ideas!! Good luck to all that do!!

I highly recommend Andrea's classes, she knows her stuff! I have taken all of the Photoshop classes except Adv #3. Have fun everyone!

7. Thank you all! I have enrolled in Andrea's class, just wondering what else would help.
    Dawn

Besides my classes, my suggestion would be to start making some kits with papers and elements and find a designer or digital scrapbooker who is willing to give you an honest opinion of your work. Take suggestions and work at it and perfect what you are making. :)

9. Andrea's classes are awesome!

Strangely enough that is a large part of why I have started taking the classes, because I would love to try to design and know I will have a better chance if I have as much knowledge on how to use photoshop as possible. I know a lot of the basics but know as I advance there is also many areas where I have little to no knowledge yet and am working and fixing that.