shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Scrap with Hollyann, Sunday 2/21 @ 9am EST

Quote Originally Posted by agarzaldynrd View Post
    OK, I'll wait since I'm on PSE 7.
    That's what I am using, too!

Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    This effect is a hot new trend...

In CS2, after you add your drop shadow, you can make your drop shadow be on it's own layer. Then duplicate the drop shadow layer and rotate 2 times 90 degrees. That's how you get a sort of glow all the way around. Am trying to figure out how to do this in PSE :)
    Thanks! Would love to learn how to do that. It looks cool!

3. I am using pse 8.

You can change the opacity of your shadow...I usually increase the spread and the size and decrease the opacity of the drop shadow..that way it's not to heavy and it's spread out around the entire page. (I have CS 4)

My Blog || My Twitter

The tip I just gave is what will allow you to control how dark or the color of your drop shadow. Have another idea for handling the shadow so it's sort of glowing in PSE. Forgive me as I didn't think this through for covering PSE users too :(
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Going to start the coffee maker....I do need the caffeine this morning

Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    What I meant is a light drop shadow, not a dark one.
    Awwww... now you say. Just spent 5 minutes playing with the light rendering effects. But I may just keep it!

Quote Originally Posted by diamndprincz View Post
    You can change the opacity of your shadow...I usually increase the spread and the size and decrease the opacity of the drop shadow..that way it's not to heavy and it's spread out around the entire page.
    Same here ... but, this is the first time I have actually changed the color of my shadow (great tip, Holly!) ... and I thinks I likes it! I love learning something new!

Step 1: Choose one background paper
    Step 2: Duplicate your background paper onto a new layer and resize it down a little and center it.
    Step 3: Add a light and small drop shadow to your paper on top
    Step 4: Add your photo...it can be framed, matted, extracted & blended or masked
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Awwww... now you say. Just spent 5 minutes playing with the light rendering effects. But I may just keep it!
    Me too Dona!! LoL!! I am keeping mine...never did this on a background.

My Blog || My Twitter