shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: What are edge styles?

Hybrid View

What are edge styles?

I'm looking through the store and I see alot of edge styles. For example..( http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...oducts_id=5978 )

I've never seen this before and I'm curious what it is and how do you use them?
    ~Carolyn~
    mom of four....
    I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3John 1:4

Carolyn,
    These styles can be used to put a style onto a paper for background or journaling, or even an element, perhaps. Looks like a colored, burned (as in dodge & burn...) edge. In Photoshop, you choose the layer, and click on the style in the style list. For a thread on this style, look here. To find out how to install styles in your program, check your manual or online help. Also check here, and here.
    Last edited by donakat; 02-06-2010 at 10:53 PM.

Hi Carolyn, I just saw this post. The links posted above are also great topics for how to use them. For one example, I used the edge styles a lot when creating my Sweet Beginnings kit with both the elements and the alpha, they are pretty versatile, they are designed to be like the painted wood letters and elements you would see in a craft store, but in digital format, and you can change the settings to customize it to your specific needs.

thanks for responding Tricia. The links Dona posted were wonderful and I read up on them and had an "a-ha" moment. I had seen the styles in photoshop but just never clued into using them for anything besides what came with photoshop, so now it's like a whole new toy! LOL
    I can totally understand after seeing the examples you posted, that helps tons too. Thankyou!! :)
    ~Carolyn~
    mom of four....
    I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. 3John 1:4

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn17_4 View Post
    thanks for responding Tricia. The links Dona posted were wonderful and I read up on them and had an "a-ha" moment. I had seen the styles in photoshop but just never clued into using them for anything besides what came with photoshop, so now it's like a whole new toy! LOL
    I can totally understand after seeing the examples you posted, that helps tons too. Thankyou!! :)
    I must agree i didnt know either