shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: PSP blending tips?

Ohio - but ready to move to the desert or the Caribbean.

Question PSP blending tips?

Once again, a newbie question here for PSP users.

I haven't been able to begin a class yet, so I am just figuring things out as I go. But, for the life of me, I can not get how to blend a photo into the background.

1. I am interested in how to feather the edges. When I use the feathering tool and change numbers etc... nothing changes.

2. How do you get the photo to barely see it on the page? Almost as if it is part of the background. I have played with the opaque and changing numbers around, but it still looks like the original photo I started with.

I was hoping to spend this entire weekend practicing and wanted to figure these two things out. (I even cleaned the house today, so I don't have to on Saturday. LOL)

Thanks for any insight you can give.

Nancy
    Nancy

There is a tutorial on site. Go to the green bar at the top of the page,Go to Resources, and click on Tutorials. Under Corel Paint Shop Pro, is listed a tut for blending the photo into the background. Click on it and you'll either download or view a PDF file for that technique. It's applicable to Photoshop and Elements as well as PSP.
    Last edited by britnkaysmemaw2; 01-29-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Ohio - but ready to move to the desert or the Caribbean.
    Cool thanks. I thought there was just the classes here.

Thanks for the help.
    Nancy

You are very welcome. Look forward to seeing your layouts in the gallery.

that was the first thing i wanted to master when i got PSE. i used that tutorial & then would also erase around the edges but i'd adjust the opacity from high-middle-low & work it around. i'd also duplicate the background paper & change it to an overlay (adjust that opacity too). that's how i do it but i'm in NO MEANS an expert! good luck with it!