shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Layout setup help

Hybrid View

Question Layout setup help

I want to make a layout that is setup line an announcment card with multi photos with boxes (like the templates) but I am not sure what tool to use to make the box so I can import/clip a photo in later. Anyone know? I am usng PSE6

Thanks
    Keysia
    4theluvofscrap

I think I understand your question ... and, if I do, I believe what you need to use is the "marquee tool". Use the rectangle marquee tool for square or rectangular shape openings, and the elliptical marquee tool for circle or oval openings. If you want to set the opening size to something specific, once you select the marquee tool, set the "mode" to "fixed aspect ratio" and then enter the desired dimensions.

Hope that helps!

It's best to know what program you're using, Keysia. In Photoshop you probably should use a shape layer (in PSE there are also shapes you use, but the tool may be called something else). You choose a rectangle, ellipse, or special shape, then draw it out to the dimensions you want ( you can always resize and specify the dimensions). Then you are ready to place a photo or paper, and clip it to the shape you made. This is how you might go about making your photo in the shape of a heart, for example.

Thumbs up

Donakat,

THANKS!! That worked beautifully......
    4theluvofscrap