shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tips and Hints on how to organize your folders ?

Quote Originally Posted by britaneejean View Post
    that could depend on what system you use. i do the exact same thing with all my folders and i have windows xp. my sister has vista & she can't do it.
    I am using Vista 64 bit and it works great.

Artisian magazine has been doing a monthly article on file organization for more than a few months now. Started in September 2009 and is still going on. I found it really good. Does a lot of things I already do and gave provided some tips I hadn't thought of.

For example creating a folder that holds a copy of all designers TOUs. Makes it really easy to look up the designer TOU when you have elements sorted into different folders, because most designers include their name in the file name.

I won't tell you my son's reaction when my computer died and I backed up the harddrive to his computer and he discovered I have a Scrap_Zip folder that contains all the zip files of kits I've got in the last 18 months and it was over a 100gb.

Quote Originally Posted by ATWIGO View Post
    Chris, mine doesn't have that option to choose from. I made sure they are thumbnails. All I get is general and summary.

Is there something else I need to be doing?
    Sorry I just saw this now, I have windows xp also so maybe it depends on your
    operating system. Are you right clicking on the folder itself? I hope someone else has a solution for you. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
    Chris

What operating system do you have?