shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rar

1. Go to your winrar set up page. It will ask you what types of files you want rar to be able to open. If you don't allow it to open zip then it won't convert zip to rar.
    Maisie - I'll have to go back and look at zip didn't know it could unzip rar - I must not have set mine up right.

I'm not sure what version I have but it upzips and zips both types and I have not had any problem with either. It automatically unzips both types and gives me a choice of how I want files zipped.

You can find freeware programs that will unzip both types. I use 7-zip and it is great!

Quote Originally Posted by lillykins View Post
    ok so I'm safer keeping Zip as WinZip and Rar as Rar then - I think !!
    Lilly, I would keep both, only for the fact that if you choose not to buy rarzip you will still have winzip.They are not big files so they dont take up much room on your computer. The rarzip I got downloads both plus a bunch more that I have never heard of. but the winzip i have doesnt do the rar.files.

5. Thanks all - I need to sit and have a go at changing the settings then by the looks of it and also have a look at 7-zip.

Quote Originally Posted by lillykins View Post
    Thanks all - I need to sit and have a go at changing the settings then by the looks of it and also have a look at 7-zip.
    With winrar I can unzip all the files at once - just by selecting all of the zipped folders and right clicking on one of them. And I don't notice any change in the files with I use it. I haven't told winrar to do anything special or changed any of its settings - I just right click on a zipped file and tell it to "extract here". It also makes zipping files much easier than winzip.

JM2C