shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lesson 4b questions

Lesson 4b questions

Post any questions you might have about lesson 4b here and I will reply with an answer. I generally check questions several times a day. If you notice a delay in getting your question answered, I am probably pondering the best answer for you and will post as soon as possible. I am not online on Sundays so I answer any Sunday questions on Monday. :)

2. Satin Texture

I think this is the second time we're supposed to use a "satin" texture. The first time I googled how to make one and made one that worked. But now I'm wondering if I'm missing in in my program or if I'm not looking in the right spot.

The satin texture is included with the Photoshop defaults. It's part of the default "patterns". There are several places where the patterns can be accessed. If you go to the pattern picker menu and click on "Patterns", it will ask you if you want to append. Tell it yes. Then, you will see the additional patterns loaded at the bottom of the available patterns. Satin will be among them. I have attached a screen shot showing where to find that group of default patterns and what it looks like when you get it loaded. Let me know if you need help as you go through this process.

Quote Originally Posted by SAHM Scrapper View Post
    I think this is the second time we're supposed to use a "satin" texture. The first time I googled how to make one and made one that worked. But now I'm wondering if I'm missing in in my program or if I'm not looking in the right spot.
    Last edited by Andrea; 09-16-2010 at 07:33 AM.

4. Thank you. I have no idea how I missed it. I went right to it with your directions. Thanks:)

5. I have followed your instructions twice now and my glitter just does not come out right. It is not coming out round looking or sparkly and I am making sure I am checking the 70% on S & B and it looks okay. I start from scratch each time. Any suggestions? Jana

I went through again and found that I had my flow and opacity turned down but, I am still not getting very good results.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by sunnygrl2425; 01-24-2010 at 06:53 PM.

6. I had a question and googled it to find the answer, but in case anyone else is wondering...

In CS4, some of the filters have to be installed separately. You can download them online, or from your CD that came with the program. Pattern Maker, that is used in this lesson, is one of those filters.

7. Quote Originally Posted by SAHM Scrapper View Post
    I had a question and googled it to find the answer, but in case anyone else is wondering...

In CS4, some of the filters have to be installed separately. You can download them online, or from your CD that came with the program. Pattern Maker, that is used in this lesson, is one of those filters.
    Yep I had to do the same and ended getting the Spanish one loaded! Fun times!

8. Quote Originally Posted by dyenana View Post

In the one that I downloaded it gave the option of an English, a Spanish, and a French folder. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm sure you could find it in English out there :)

Can you upload your .psd file to the class folder and I will take a look? It is located here:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/11927252/...hop_files.html

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygrl2425 View Post
    I have followed your instructions twice now and my glitter just does not come out right. It is not coming out round looking or sparkly and I am making sure I am checking the 70% on S & B and it looks okay. I start from scratch each time. Any suggestions? Jana

I went through again and found that I had my flow and opacity turned down but, I am still not getting very good results.

Yes, there are several filters for CS4 that now have to be loaded from the CD. They include the pattern maker, the extract filter and the contact sheet filter among others. So, if you can't find it, just ask and I'll help you figure it out. Adobe changes these type of things with each new version so it's a little confusing when you are looking for something that used to be there. :)

I had a question and googled it to find the answer, but in case anyone else is wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by dyenana View Post
    In the one that I downloaded it gave the option of an English, a Spanish, and a French folder. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm sure you could find it in English out there :)