shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Layout Info/Credits

Wow what a great tip.I did not know this was available.I have CS3.
    One question.Does the information stay with the layout after you close the page or do you have to save it somewhere?
    I have been right clicking on the finished page and filling out the properties info tab and that is time consuming.Thanks for a great tip.

Dancing puts a smile in your feet.

I hope, I hope that PS Elements has it! Right now I try to put all the information on a separate layer using the type tool, but it is sometimes a little tricky to get it to fit on the page, etc.

3. In PSE go to File and then File Info. If you list all your products there it becomes part of the metadata fo the finished page. It's the closest thing I'm aware of that is similar to what is described here.
    Crystal in PA

Quote Originally Posted by techie girl View Post
    W
    One question.Does the information stay with the layout after you close the page or do you have to save it somewhere?

The *note* stays with the layout but does not get printed nor does it transfer over to a web saved .jpg. It just floats there happily saving your notes for when you need them!

that is pretty cool
    i try to keep an extra layer with my credits and then just hide it
    but I am going to have to try this out for myself too

thanks for the tip!

I wonder.... if the other programs don't have this feature/tool - maybe elenasworld's idea "i try to keep an extra layer with my credits and then just hide it" would work for them?

Thanks for these great tips. I usually write things down in a notebook but this sounds better. It stays with the lo so if you need the info later, you can find it easily.

I agree, this is a great tip! I also type it into the file properties box, because then the info stays with your LO, but this sounds much easier!

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappinsass View Post
    I wonder.... if the other programs don't have this feature/tool - maybe elenasworld's idea "i try to keep an extra layer with my credits and then just hide it" would work for them?
    This is what I do. When I have completed my layout and upload to the gallerys, I just copy what I have typed in the info place. (which I do anyway if I am uploading to multiple galleries) Then go back to my layout PSD and add a layer, paste the info (I usually also add in a plain white layer so that I can see the type), then hide the new layer and resave. Sometimes I do need to add in spaces to break up the long parts of the info and get it to fit on the layout. But, then I don't need to type all the info and find the links again if I upload to another gallery. This works for me, but I always keep my PSDs in addition to my print ready jpegs. If you delete the PSD then you would lose that info.

For a while I was making a second document that was reg letter size with the intention that I would print them out in a binder and then have all the info. I put the file name at the top, a smaller copy of the layout under that. Then all the info on the layout including all designer info and the pictures (file names) that I used. Also the purpose of the layout, if it was created for a special project in mind, or a challenge from a site, or a CT thing, or multiple. I also put which galleries I had uploaded it too. I think that only lasted about 20 layouts or so. Great info to have but way to time consuming and a little to organized for me. Before that I used a little notebook and kept track of most of the same info in that.

My current in definally the easiest for me. Forgot to say that I am currently working in PSE5.
    Erin

Great tip and thanks for sharing. I just used to make a text file and keep it with the page in the folder, but I'm going to try this!.