shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to create a quick page from a layout

DUH *smacks head* nevermind. I saw it! lol It's been one of them days.

Thanks Holly for the quick and clear instructions. I have been wondering how to create a QP but haven't come around yet to even trying to find out how to do it. Now I just might try. :) LOL!

3. Holly,

Thank you so much. I have wanted to do this, but I had no idea it was so easy.

4. I am having trouble creating a quick page. When I try to cut after selecting my picture area, it tells me that no pixels are selected. Can anyone tell me what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks!

5. hummm, all I can think of is make sure the layer you want the shape deleted from is selected in the layers palette.
    Hope that helps

6. I do have the shape layer selected. I'm sure I'm doing something incorrect that is really basic. It is my understanding that I should create the layout and then save it as a jpeg file and then try and cut out the picture area. Should I merge the layers before I try to add a new layer and cut out the picture area? I think I have tried it both ways, but I have myself quite confused by now with all my different attempts!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

7. Ok, if you're just making a quick page then don't merge any layers at first. Cut out the space where the photo will go on all the layers below where you want the picture. Making sure you have each layer selected that you are deleting the space on. Then you need to save it as a png file at full size to let the hole show so people can add their pictures. Then you can save it at 600x600 as a jpg to put in the gallery. You don't have to merge the layers yourself as when you save it the layers will merge themselves. I hope that is half way understandable. I can make things clear as mud sometimes.

Wow, that sounds so easy! Thank you for sharing this info. Will give it a try.
    Thank you, Joanne H.

9. Quote Originally Posted by scrappintwins View Post
    Ok, if you're just making a quick page then don't merge any layers at first. Cut out the space where the photo will go on all the layers below where you want the picture. Making sure you have each layer selected that you are deleting the space on. Then you need to save it as a png file at full size to let the hole show so people can add their pictures. Then you can save it at 600x600 as a jpg to put in the gallery. You don't have to merge the layers yourself as when you save it the layers will merge themselves. I hope that is half way understandable. I can make things clear as mud sometimes.
    You are awesome! Those are precisely the instructions I needed. It all works now! I have fiddled with it for hours, but I don't know enough to knowledgeably fiddle. Thank you so much. You really made my day, my weekend. I am so excited to make quick pages now.

Thanks!

10. YAY!! So glad I could help. Now I can't wait to see what you make!