shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado anyone?

1. I would be SO interested in something like this!! I miss going to crops too.

2. Sounds like this would be fun. Plus it would be cool to get to know digi scrappers in person that we have met here online.

3. Quote Originally Posted by scrappinnana View Post
    Sounds like this would be fun. Plus it would be cool to get to know digi scrappers in person that we have met here online.
    I totally agree with you!! Are you anywhere near Arapahoe and Holly? I know it's a longshot; however, the scrap shop that I was thinking of is located right there and I would love to call the owner tomorrow and ask her what it would take to get something put together. I am thinking she'd be receptive to doing something like this, she's a digital scrapper too.... she also does traditional, hybrid, you name it. She's an excellent artist. She may even have some awesome ideas for all of us.

I would love nothing more than to meet some of you who share this awesomely addicting passion!!

And hey, if the digital crop thing doesn't pan out, we could always gather together for dinner, lunch, coffee, or whatever!

We should keep the lines of communication going. I'll just plan to call the scrap store and see if it's even an option. My house is big enough, but I have two huge german shephard dogs, two teenagers, and I'd have to coordinate it just right or it might be a zoo! :-) Perhaps we're all in that same boat, eh??

Let's keep in touch!!!!

So nice to me you all!

Candi

4. Actually in the grand scheme of things I am not that far from Holly and Arapahoe. I am off of Smokey Hill and Buckley if you know where that is. My house is big enough too except for 9 kids and 3 dogs!!! LOL ...

But lets stay in touch and check out the store and see what she says...who knows.

5. Quote Originally Posted by scrappinnana View Post
    Actually in the grand scheme of things I am not that far from Holly and Arapahoe. I am off of Smokey Hill and Buckley if you know where that is. My house is big enough too except for 9 kids and 3 dogs!!! LOL ...

But lets stay in touch and check out the store and see what she says...who knows.
    I know just where Smoky Hill and Buckley is. My daughter goes to school at approx. Smoky Hill and Himalaya. So we're not at all far from each other! Yay!

I'll call the scrapping store, it's called Scrapbook Destinations and I'll get back to you soon.

My email addy is: candice1973 (at) comcast (dot) net, please feel free to email me anything!! I'd love to stay in touch with you!! I am so glad we "met"! :-)

I'll get back to you, k? I can PM you, too. Or if you want, PM me your email address. Once we get all the info, we can come back her and recruit others who might want to attend our Digital Crop! It'll be sooooo fun! At least I think it would be. Plus, I would love to learn how others scrap....I think we can all add something to the table, ya know?

Talk to you soon. I'll send you a message tomorrow.

OH! And with 9 kids and 3 dogs....you win! Definitely could see how you wouldn't want to host! LOL! Too funny! i feel like I have 9 kids and 3 dogs, so I can only imagine your craziness. However, I am sure it's a houseful of love and that's what matters! :-)

6. Quote Originally Posted by scrappinnana View Post
    Actually in the grand scheme of things I am not that far from Holly and Arapahoe. I am off of Smokey Hill and Buckley if you know where that is. My house is big enough too except for 9 kids and 3 dogs!!! LOL ...

Hello to all Coloradoans!!!

I have some great news!!! I spoke to Mark Kay who is the owner of the scrap store I was telling you about and she is having a crop on 3/21/09! It's an all-day crop, but obviously you can leave whenever you'd like. There will traditional scrappers and those who want to scrap digitally just need to bring their PCs and EHD (if applicable)....she'll supply the powerstrips for us. I do not believe she has wireless, so we can't access the internet, so purchase all your GDS goodies beforehand! :-) That is if you can attend....I am going to plan on it either way.

Anyone who is reading this from Colorado is MORE than welcome to attend. However, there is a "catch!" it's an 80's-themed crop, so get your Aqua Net Hairspray out and let's rock out to the Go-Go's or something! LOL!

Now if this particular day doesn't work for anyone, she said we can go there on any given Sunday, but we just have to call in advance. The cost for the all-day crop on 3/21 is $15!!!!! Which is a STEAL! It includes prizes and snacks. For full meals there are places throughout the shopping center where we can grab something.

Crop starts at 10:00 am and goes until 11:00 pm! I think it sounds like a TOTAL blast! And it also sounds like a wonderful day for me to finish a few hybrid projects I have in the works.

Tell me what you think. I am soooooo, sooooooo ready to do this! If anyone else is interested, please reply to this thread!

We can be the Colorado Digi-Scrapettes!! (or some other more "catchy" name! LOL!)

Okay, so I know I've been all over the board here so to clarify... we can scrap at Mary Kay's store digitally on any given Sunday, the fee is $10 and we'd need to call in advance.

There is a schedule crop on March 31st that I'd LOVE to attend with any of you....

Scrapbook Destinations
    8212 S. Holly
    Centennial, CO
    720-779-0024

Starts: 10:00 am
    Ends: 11:00 pm (or whenever you'd like to leave)
    Cost: $15 (includes snacks and prize(s))
    Theme: 80's (you do not have to participate, but I think there is a prize for the "best dressed")

If you want an actual meal, there are several places to chose from in the shopping center.

If you want to attend, we will need to contact her and pay the $15 to hold your spot. She says she has approximately 6-8 spaces left, but they're filling up fast.

I think if I can get at least ONE other person to attend with me, I am DEFINITELY IN!!!! I hope someone else will want to go.

Let me know!

Warmest regards,

Candi
    Last edited by Debra; 02-27-2009 at 01:37 PM. Reason: please do not post other digital site links

Been on this site since November...can't believe I missed this thread. I am from Boone, North Carolina (Appalachian mountain range), close to TN/VA borders. Nice to meet everyone!! A great bunch of folks on this site!!!

8. Hey Candi,

I just got back to checking this thread, but wanted to let you know how much fun this sounds like. I'm at Arapahoe and Yosemite, so it's not far at all from me. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one because the date isn't good for me. But, I would love to know when you want to take advantage of the any Sunday rule and we could meet there! I think my schedule is pretty full this month, but some Sunday in April would be awesome. My email is deegibbons (at) gmail (dotcom). Let me know!
    Deanna
    Mother to Ashley 16, Samantha 12, Dorothy 9, Madison 5 and Brian 13 months

9. Quote Originally Posted by digiscrapdee View Post
    Hey Candi,

I just got back to checking this thread, but wanted to let you know how much fun this sounds like. I'm at Arapahoe and Yosemite, so it's not far at all from me. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make this one because the date isn't good for me. But, I would love to know when you want to take advantage of the any Sunday rule and we could meet there! I think my schedule is pretty full this month, but some Sunday in April would be awesome. My email is deegibbons (at) gmail (dotcom). Let me know!
    Very cool! Let's definitely plan on trying to do this in April! April works really well for me!!! My email address is: candice1973 (at) comcast (dot) net.

I've added you to my address book! I am soooo glad you posted. I look forward to meeting any and all digiscrappers here in Colorado!!

Talk to you soon!

Candi

10. Hey everyone, Just wanted to jump on and see if anyone is interested in getting together. Maybe we can set up a crop event somewhere? late May early June? If you are interested, drop me a line at digiscrapdee@gmail.com or PM me!
    Deanna
    Mother to Ashley 16, Samantha 12, Dorothy 9, Madison 5 and Brian 13 months