shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FREEware - Unzip many files at one time!!

Hybrid View

FREEware - Unzip many files at one time!!

I just found this great freeware on the site below.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/unzipall.html

I just unzipped tons of files (by folder) at one time. Not one at a time which takes FOREVER!!!!!

You select the folder and which extension - and I hit the key that said to 'select all', and it unzipped them and put them into separate folders - just like when you unzip them the regular way with winzip. I have to go back and delete the zip files - but WOW!!!!! This is fantastic.

This freeware unzips Files with .zip or .rar or .ace extensions.

This will save me HOURS and HOURS of unzipping files I have been collecting.

Check it out!

Helen
    Last edited by HollyS; 09-03-2007 at 11:24 PM.

Holy Cow!!! NO WAY!! I'm gonna have to check that out!!

oh my word! You have saved me! LOL I do not have winzip (and $30 seems a little much, kwim?) on the new computer, and have been unable to automatically unzip the files as they download. THIS is almost as easy! I just tried it! THANK YOU!
    ~~Julie P.~~

Thanks for the tip Helen.
    Alice

"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart." Author Unknown

WOW!!!!!!! I just unzipped over a thousand files in about a half hour.

The name of the freeware is Unzip ThemAll.

I had heard of it, but had not tried it. I tested and tested, and so far - works great for me.

One tip - put zip and rar files in separate folders. When you are unzipping a batch of zip files (for example), if there are rar files in the folder, the job stops with an error code message (when it comes up to an rar file) and you have to click ok to continue. When I moved the rar files to another folder, things sailed through. And then when I did my rar files in separate folders, it breezed through them too.

What I did tonight, would have taken me WEEKS or MONTHS to go through.
    Wow!!!!!!

That's amazing.... Thanks so much for sharing this info!!

Wow, I'm gonna have to check this one out!!! Thanks so much for the tip!!!

Thank you!!
    I downloaded the program and Im going to unzip a LOAD of goodies in a moment....hehehe

Carola

9. WOWsers! This sounds fabulous. One quick question, does it override the current unzip extractor? or can you select the program to unzip the batch? Thanks for the best info of the day.

10. This is the greatest program ever! Yes, you can set it up to unzip the whole batch. You just tell it where the folder is that you download your zipped files to.