shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FREEware - Unzip many files at one time!!

oh, I wasn't trying to by-pass the passwords! goodness, no. I have the password (for example, the newsletter freebies for certain sites have pw), but Unzip won't accept it and just brings the pw screen again and again. {hmmm...now it won't even bring up that screen, it just gives me "error 81" and "82"} If I can't get it to work on this computer, then I can just hook up my EHD to the other computer with Winzip, I just hate trying to untangle all the cords. LOL
    ~~Julie P.~~

Hey Julie - just mentioned the password thing because someone else asked me that same question - just wanted to clarify it for everyone reading this thread. When I have newsletter freebies with passwords, I usually unzip them with my regular unzip program - haven't figured out yet with unzip them all - how to do them - you're right - I get error codes returned with these files too. I just skip them and go back to them later.

Sounds like your CORD situation is the same as mine. I have cords EVERYWHERE! Also - glad you got your cast off finally - I had a cast on my leg back in the 80s for about 7 weeks in a summer - and it was no fun.

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

3. WOW!!
    thanks for the tip and the link - back in a bit LOL!!!!

I just highlight all the zip or rar files, right click, and choose 'extract here'. It does.....

Proudly CT Scrapping for Helen!
    GDS Blinkies by Melanie!
    Barbara

A grandmother's place is at the computer or behind the camera!

This is just great - tks Helen. I haven't tried it yet but I haven't downloaded .rar files previously because I didn't have a programme to unzip them. How wonderful!

6. I'm not sure i understand! in windows just highlight all the zips you want unzipped and there unzipped. I use free zip genius for unzipping....you can get it hear.

http://www.zipgenius.it/eng/index.php

Thank you for this tip. It definitely will come in handy. Especially right now when I have about 50 files to unzip.

Thank you.

8. Thanks for this link! I tried it and am thrilled to death! It really works!

Glad this tip is helping you unzip RAR and ZIP files. I don't know about the other links mentioned - but I know I LOVE this one. In fact, about a month after I found it and started using, I noticed it was highlighted in some other site newsletters - and highly recommended - so the word must have spread fast on this one.

I finally figured out that I can unzip rar and zip files at the same time.
    I set up the options to delete the zip/rar files after it was done - and this has saved me some time too.

Again - when you grab a lot of freebies - it really helps to unpackage them QUICK!

We do not stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing.

10. thanks so much

thank you for this link, I can't wait to try it. You are right about it taking hours to unzip everything. Love from England