shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Canon Sure Shot SD 780IS

Canon Sure Shot SD 780IS

I just bought a new camera. I've only taken a few practice shots and the pics are so clear and bright. Does anyone know if the photography classes include point and shoot cameras? I think I might want to take one.

I'm not sure what Alisha is teaching in this one, but I think it's similar to what Daphne taught. Those lessons were often about how to use the various manual controls (available on many P&S cameras), scene setups (night shooting, pets & animals, etc.) and other controls. Additionally, there were homework assignments that helped you think about the photos you're taking and how to set up for them. I think it's valuable no matter what kind of camera you have. Ask Alisha for a list of topics to help you decide.

Yay a new camera Anna!

i haven't taken the photography class, so I am not sure
    just wanted to say
    an early christmas present? or just because?

what a treat
    have fun!

I took the photog class the first month it was offered and got lots of valuable information on using my point and shoot. I'm pretty sure that Alisha is using the same curriculum that Daphne wrote, probably just with a few tweaks here and there. Definitely worth your while!!

Just because!!! We have cameras at school for each grade level and one for the office, library, and other department. I also have one for me but it's the schools and I hate to keep using it for personal use since I already broke one!!! lol!!! I was really just wanting my own so I broke down and got one. Liking it so far!!

Quote Originally Posted by elenasworld View Post
    Yay a new camera Anna!

i haven't taken the photography class, so I am not sure
    just wanted to say
    an early christmas present? or just because?

what a treat
    have fun!