shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New & Overwhelmed...Intro

1. New & Overwhelmed...Intro

Hi, I've been a paper scrapbooker for years. I want to learn digital but am so overwhelmed. I have PSE 7 and have taken some online tutorials. But, I'm a black and white thinker, although I am creative once I feel comfortable. I signed up for a local class and it was horrible, the guy couldn't teach and didn't use kits. I want to learn so badly but I really need hands on step by step training. I've searched the web for local classes but can't find any others.

This is crazy because I'm very computer software literate but my brain freezes when I try this and I just want to understand and start doing it. But, I'm lost at where to start.

I wish I could find someone local who could work with me one on one. I live in Houston, TX. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!!!

2. Welcome to GDS! No need to feel overwhelemed Andrea Gold has really good classes right here on GDS. I am sure they will help you, and sort out any 'brain freeze' you may experience.

Welcome first of all! Check into Andrea Gold's classes here - I think you'll find they are quite informative and you sure to learn lots!

Hang in there! I have only been digitally scrapping for about seven months. I first started out using Microsoft DIP, but it is no longer supported ... I knew that I needed to bite the bullet and move on to something else if I was going to continue to scrap digitally. I was lost and overwhelmed initially, too, because it was easy to drop back to the software I was more familiar with ... YOU CAN DO THIS!

There are classes offered here, AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, there are wonderful folks at this site that are so encouraging! From the very start, I have felt such support here and get immediate offers for assistance when I send up a flair for help!

Unfortunately ... prepare to be addicted. You'll likely never go back to paper scrapping once you get the hang of this ...

Keep us posted on your progress! I can't wait to see a layout in the gallery from you!

5. Welcome! You've come to the right place!
    Here's a link for the Photoshop Elements classes offered here at GDS: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...play.php?f=109

Don't be afraid to shout out any questions....there are LOTS of great people here who are glad to help out :)

Hi, greekgf, and welcome. I agree, Andrea's classes are GOLD (pun intended), and lots of people have taken them and really learned a lot. We have some tutorials on site that you get to by clicking on Resources in the green bar at the very top of the page, or go here. There are a couple of videos, a tut on creating your first layout, and some more specific ones, including how to post to the gallery. Obviously you're not afraid to post asking for help, so check out those tuts, then ask about anything you find confusing. We're all happy to help you out!

7. thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Hi, greekgf, and welcome. I agree, Andrea's classes are GOLD (pun intended), and lots of people have taken them and really learned a lot. We have some tutorials on site that you get to by clicking on Resources in the green bar at the very top of the page, or go here. There are a couple of videos, a tut on creating your first layout, and some more specific ones, including how to post to the gallery. Obviously you're not afraid to post asking for help, so check out those tuts, then ask about anything you find confusing. We're all happy to help you out!

Thank you to everyone for your response. I will try the classes. I guess I have to wait until December to register. Looking forward to doing this and to getting involved in the forums!

Welcome to GDS!! Keep plugging away with PSE....there is a learning curve, but you will learn it! Beware that digi-scrapping is addicitive! I also started out by doing paper scrapping. :)
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

Welcome to GDS. I installed pse 6 months before I found GDS and couldn't even open up the program much less create something. I found GDS and took the pse classes and I was hooked. step by step instructions that are really at your own pace. I love it here. Take a class and enjoy. Ask any question you might have and someone will answer. Welcome!!!

10. Hello!
    Welcome to the world of digiscrapping!