shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Styles ?

Styles ?

Lots of kits, especially some of the new ones, are coming out with "styles". This may be a really dumb question ... and, I may be the only person in the world that doesn't know ... but how do you use these? I'm fairly new to the digi scrap world, so I am at a loss! I'm hoping that I'm not the only one and that the answer will be helpful to others too ... it also might be the one thing that pushes someone to make the decision to purchase one of these kits ... like the ones Tricia has "on sale" this week.

Thanks!

Lisa - you're not the only one that doesn't know how to use them. I've been wondering about that myself.

I typed in *photoshop+using styles* into the browser and got this link.. I hope it's ok to post it..

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pse...odies.-T0Y.htm

there are several tutorial sites out there... you just have to read them until you find what's applicable to your situation.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Scrappinsass; 10-24-2009 at 05:34 PM.

I have installed styles and used them, but my question is:

Is there a program out there that you can load the styles, etc into and use instead of putting all of them into your program. I know that PSE7 which I use, starts bogging down and sometimes has a hard time loading since I installed several styles, etc into my program.

5. Cathy, I don't remember if this works in PSE, but in PS, I have a separate folder on my EHD for all my actions/brushes/styles/custom shapes/patterns/ etc....when I click to load a style, I go to that folder and open the one I want instead of having them in my program....

I don't even know if I made any sense, LOL...long day!

Thanks Jenn- I will have to give that a try. I know it works for fonts, so hopefully it will work on styles, etc. too. Never thought of trying it. Duh!

7. Oh, and I was going to tell you, Cathy....I have it organized like this...0_Presets is my main file, and then it has folders for all the categories (actions, brushes, etc) and then inside that folder I have an 0_Install folder. This is where I put all the presets for that category without any folders or tous or anything else inside. All the tous and instructions, etc are in the category folder but not the install folder. Makes it fast and easy to locate my presets really easy...

I'm sure everyone has a different method they've developed...this is the one I've stuck with so far.

Lisa, i'm glad you aked too, because i wasn't sure what they were either. Can anyone tell me do styles work in photoshop elements as well or are they just for photoshop?

Thanks Jenn- will give it a try. Appreciate the great tips.

Great question! I have been wondering the same also! All the posts have been helpful! THANKS A BUNCH!!!