shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Where in the World are You?

1. Hot, Hot Hot

I was going to say..oh aren't you up early? but its night by you, isnt it? Thanks for the welcome: roses: How cold does it get down under?

Welcome, Miriana. Glad you found your way here. I used to live in San Diego. We lived in Imperial Beach, Coronado, and Poway at various times. Yes, the Santa Anna can make it so hot and miserable there when they are blowing. Hope it cools off soon for you.

Does La La land count? That's where I felt like I was this morning!

4. Quote Originally Posted by Gem View Post
    Does La La land count? That's where I felt like I was this morning!

5. Hi..yes..those Santa Ana's. I am here in Escondido, and I am not high up..so I don't get the breezes (which are not often here anyway..so even in the upper 70s..it hot for me. Of course I run hotter, like 10 deg than most people, so it affects me worse. My fave temps are 40s to 72ish, lol. And 20 some years ago..it was a very temperate climate here but with global warming, last year we were in the high 90s and 100s for a long time. So hoping this summer is better !! But since I am concentrating on digital work now..it wont be so bad to be indoors with the air going :)

6. Quote Originally Posted by miriana View Post
    I was going to say..oh aren't you up early? but its night by you, isnt it? Thanks for the welcome: roses: How cold does it get down under?
    yes I am 15 hrs ahead of EST so I sleep when you are awake lol but we do cross over a bit. My morning is US evening
    I am near brisbane which is half way up the east coast so we I believe are probably like california. We had temps in the day up to about 27 until a week ago and then it suddenly got cold down to about 14 [sorry thats celcius] We just have a cold wind at the moment but beautifuul clear days. Our winters are usually dry with lovely days and the lowest we go is about 6 at night. We never get snow where I am. Australia does vary a lot though. The northern parts are very hot and the southern parts colder. My cousin is further up the coast and she was swimming and snorkelling the other day while I was wearing my sheepskin boots. My son lives in Montreal and we often at this time of the year have around the same type of weather with his being summer and mine being winter lol.

Hi, all! I'm Mary...and new to all this digital scrapbooking stuff.
    I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Those who were dancing were thought to be crazy by those who could not hear the music!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Art for Scrapbooking View Post
    yes I am 15 hrs ahead of EST so I sleep when you are awake lol but we do cross over a bit. My morning is US evening
    I am near brisbane which is half way up the east coast so we I believe are probably like california. We had temps in the day up to about 27 until a week ago and then it suddenly got cold down to about 14 [sorry thats celcius] We just have a cold wind at the moment but beautifuul clear days. Our winters are usually dry with lovely days and the lowest we go is about 6 at night. We never get snow where I am. Australia does vary a lot though. The northern parts are very hot and the southern parts colder. My cousin is further up the coast and she was swimming and snorkelling the other day while I was wearing my sheepskin boots. My son lives in Montreal and we often at this time of the year have around the same type of weather with his being summer and mine being winter lol.
    How interesting! One would never think (ok..at least me) that the island would be so vastly different in temps between north and south. It does seem somewhat similar to here. Yes, celsius-- I remember I was living in Alberta Canada when Canada changed everything to Metric and I asked my Aunt omgosh..how am I going to buy my vegetables etc and know the weight how much to buy - now I have to convert on the go :( She said buy what you usually buy and your brain will adjust to the difference in the metric system as time goes. And I said oh great..NOT..and what about temps? Gee how am I going to dress when the forecast is 15 or 28..she said just go out and check it..again..it will just come and omygosh...she was so right. I never did the calculations. I just adjusted. She was only 10 yrs older than I and just so cotton pickin common sensical! Now if only the Americans would understand that and get with the rest of the world and go metric..so so easy.

9. Hi all!!! I'm Holli from Arkansas!!! Can't wait to start sharing my pages and joining in to some of the great challenges.

10. Miriana I do find it hilarious that America uses the british imperial standards lol. We changed in australia when I was a child and I had the same problems. My parents in law still can't think in metric. I am 53 so thats a long time ago lol. geez australia is part of the british commonwealth and we are metric and even britian is metric.
    Australia is actually very big - almost the same land area as the united states so our differences are like comparing miami and new york city.