shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 LastLast

Thread: Where in the World are You?

1. Quote Originally Posted by hrowe View Post
    Hi all!!! I'm Holli from Arkansas!!! Can't wait to start sharing my pages and joining in to some of the great challenges.
    Hi Holli It is great to have you here at GDS. Please just ask if you get lost and I look forward to learning more about you. The challenges are a great place to start.

2. Red face Embarrassed

Size - Oh..how very embarrassed am I I should know better! LOL..

If your PIL's had the same advice that I got from my aunt..it probably would have been so much easier to adjust!

3. Quote Originally Posted by miriana View Post
    Size - Oh..how very embarrassed am I I should know better! LOL..

If your PIL's had the same advice that I got from my aunt..it probably would have been so much easier to adjust!
    LOL yes it would have been. They like to stick with the old ways lol.My children think its crazy that a know how big a 'foot' is
    It is funny I always thought the united states were bigger and canada smaller but now I know better now. It helped when I saw a picture with australia overlaid over the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Art for Scrapbooking View Post
    It is funny I always thought the united states were bigger and canada smaller but now I know better now. It helped when I saw a picture with australia overlaid over the US.
    Oh my gosh! Canada is the second largest country in the world (after Russia)...3rd is China...4th is USA.

Oh, and Canada has been 'metric' since 1972 (I think).

Those who were dancing were thought to be crazy by those who could not hear the music!

5. Quote Originally Posted by MeriCanadian View Post
    Oh my gosh! Canada is the second largest country in the world (after Russia)...3rd is China...4th is USA.

Oh, and Canada has been 'metric' since 1972 (I think).
    Ah I guess Canada and australia probably did it when Britain did. I remember it was when I was at school so 72 makes sense. Yes I felt very dumb when I looked heaps at canada and realised how big it was lol Lots of snow and ice up there. My son is in montreal now and I have flown from vancouver across. It is funny my friends still don't believe me when I tell them how long that takes. They think you can just get around quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Art for Scrapbooking View Post
    Ah I guess Canada and australia probably did it when Britain did. I remember it was when I was at school so 72 makes sense. Yes I felt very dumb when I looked heaps at canada and realised how big it was lol Lots of snow and ice up there. My son is in montreal now and I have flown from vancouver across. It is funny my friends still don't believe me when I tell them how long that takes. They think you can just get around quickly.
    hahaha I know what that's like. It's really crazy when Europeans think if they are in Montreal I should come visit (from Halifax). I had one friend said they would be in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary and for some reason they thought it'd be close enough to make a 'day trip' to Halifax. I was like "Sorry, it's about 1200km (give or take) from Montreal to Halifax!"
    Vancouver is actually further from Halifax than Europe. :)

As one of my European friends found out when I went to Newfoundland a few years back...it is further from my home in Nova Scotia to Twillingate in Newfoundland than it is from Hamburg, Germany to Milan, Italy. (Texting whilst travelling)

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it was '72 that Canada made the switch to metric as I was in grade 4 at the time. :)

Those who were dancing were thought to be crazy by those who could not hear the music!

hi
    i come from germany, hessen near kassel

Hi, my name is Heather, I am 49 - 50 in a few days!
    I live in the North East of England.
    It is lovely to see some new faces and old one's too!
    This looks like a lovely site and I am looking forward to seeing everyone's lovely work. xx

I'm Jemima aka jem_scrapper here at GDS

I'm from Lower Portland (on the Hawkesbury River), New South Wales, Australia.

Lovely to see so many Aussies here

I CT for Crescent Moon Designs, Designs by Marcie, Honorary CT Member 4 S2SS & an Advertisting Assistant 4 SNSD ~ "I will love thee, my Lord, as you are my Rock, my fortress, and my deliverer..." Psalm 18 v 1 & 2

10. Hi, My name is Maureen aka Mozzie. This is my first vsit to GDS so am still to find my way around. I am on a CT for Diz Bitz, and love it. I thoroughly enjoy scrapbooking and want to learn all the time.
    I come from Bright,Victoria, Australia. Have had surgery recently so will only be around for short time til fully recovered. Bye for now. Hugs Maureen/Mozzie xxx