shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the class!

Welcome to the class!

Hi Everyone! Welcome to the class! The class officially starts Wednesday, but I wanted to let you know you are in the right place.

I would like for you to all reply to this message and introduce yourselves so we can all get to know each other a little. Also, tell me what version of Photoshop you are using, whether you are using a MAC or a PC, and what operating system you are running. That way, I can answer your questions more specifically without having to ask for that information first. :) Thanks!

I hope you enjoy the class!

Hi Andrea,

It's me Ravelle again, it's been awhile since I took intermediate. I just made the Supreme team but my dream is to design. I work PT as a substitute teacher, have two teenage children and a foreign exchange student from Germany right now. I have two rescue dogs and volunteer at a no-kill animal shelter on Wednesdays (actually I am their volunteer coordinator). I am on a PC with Windows Vista using PSCS3 extended.

Also, I own a Wacom bamboo but I am not sure how to really use it!

Ravelle

I live close to Amsterdam in the Netherlands, but lived in the US all but the last six y

Smile Hello

Greetings from Holland.

Although I have lived here for the past seven years, I am an American by birth and a Texan by the grace of God. I have four kids who call me Mom, six kids who call me Granny, one cute little Dutch guy who calls me Nana and two wonderful little ones who call me Great-Gramma. I miss all the family in the States, but I do get to see them fairly often and can talk to them whenever I like so it's almost like when I lived in upstate New York and they were all in Texas.

I have just completed the first two series of Photoshop classes and am really looking forward to this one. I work with a PC using Windows 2000 and Photoshop CS2 which I have owned for several years but until recently I mainly opened it up and almost immediately shut it down again - just too intimidating. But after the Beginner's and Intermediate lesson with Andrea, I have actually done a few layouts and made a couple of elements and papers although I am still relying on PSP or PhotoImpact when I have time constraints or just really need to have a feeling of accomplishment. These classes are great, but there is a lot to learn and it will just take time. You can teach an old dog new tricks, it just takes a little longer.

I hope everyone enjoys these classes as much I have so far and I am wishing all of you You have a really great teacher in Andrea. And there is an awesome group of cheerleaders supporting these lessons. They can make you feel so good for turning in your homework.
    I am as old as I need to be for my age ....

4. Hi Andrea! I finally got here and am looking forward to this class and the other advanced classes you offer. I am using CS4 on a PC.
    Deb

5. Andrea,
    After printing the first lesson, it looked so familiar to me so I checked my binder from the classes I have taken from you before and I have taken the Advanced Class (username at that time: scrapperdesign) December 4, 2007.
    This was the Photoshop CS2/3 Advanced Course
    Lesson 9a - Lesson 12c

Is it possible for me to put this money towards the Illustrator Courses?
    Last edited by deb5253; 10-08-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    Deb

Yes, you can exchange. Let me know which one you want. There are the PS advanced #02 and #03 also that you could exchange it for. I don't know if you took those. Just let me know. :)

Quote Originally Posted by deb5253 View Post
    Andrea,
    After printing the first lesson, it looked so familiar to me so I checked my binder from the classes I have taken from you before and I have taken the Advanced Class (username at that time: scrapperdesign) December 4, 2007.
    This was the Photoshop CS2/3 Advanced Course
    Lesson 9a - Lesson 12c

Is it possible for me to put this money towards the Illustrator Courses?

7. I am currently taking Illustrator 01 right now so, 02 would be fabulous. Thanks so much.
    Deb

So, do you want to 02 class for November or do you want to try and finish both of them during October?

I am currently taking Illustrator 01 right now so, 02 would be fabulous. Thanks so much.

9. I would like it for November. Thanks Andrea! So how will this work?
    Deb

I will make a note of it. You may want to remind me just in case when November rolls around. :)

I would like it for November. Thanks Andrea! So how will this work?