09-11-2009, 12:45 AM
DAMN. Fell asleep and mist the whole thing. These speed scraps aren't meant to be for me.
I saw the LO. they look great.
09-11-2009, 04:23 AM
My layout is very, very late ... I guess I'm not much at Speed Scrappin' yet! My normally peaceful home turned into chaos last night ... go figure! Anyhoo ... here's what I came up with ... not my proudest moment! ;-)
However, I felt it was only fair to put it out there ...
I'm still learning. I don't have a clue about options for "photo techniques" like blending and masking. I need to find a good class to show me how. I just got PSE7 about a month or so ago ... I was using DIP ... but I have only been digi scrappin since April. Gotta lot to learn ... but the journey has been FUN so far!
09-11-2009, 08:47 AM
A friend conned me into "attending" a webinar with her last night at the same time -- but she wouldn't have been able to do that if I had remembered. I had set up a reminder for the event through the site reminders option BUT it sent me the reminder sometime Wednesday night instead of 2 hours before the event like I had requested.
I know I won't get the "participation" goodie -- which is okay -- but is there a place where I can find out what the prompts were so I can try this LO "plan" anyhow? (I wanted to participate because it sounded fun more than to get the goodies.)
09-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Here are the seven prompts
Originally Posted by suseadoodle
1. Use One paper
2. take your three pictures (or one picture duplicated). Use the same photo effect on all three. You're going to make them 3 sizes...a small rectange/square, a medium rectangle/square, and a large rectangle/square (your largest is going to be around 4x5). Position them with the large and small photo on one side (hanging off the side of the layout) and the medium one on the other side (hanging off the side of the layout).
3. use some sort of embellishment underneath your photos to call attention to them. It can be a frame, a splatter, etc. Reuse this element in other areas if desired.
4. layer flowers and leaves underneath your photos, and along the sides of the layout.
5. use lace or trim, or strips of papers in, around and/or underneath your flowers/leaves and photos
6. Use strings, bows, AND jewels in your clusters.
7. pick a word that describes the "face/faces you love" and use it in and around your clusters, at least (but not limited to) 2 times.
you can also find them here is this post:
Was the webinar at least interesing? hope so
09-11-2009, 09:51 AM
WOW! Wish I'd made it to "the event" -- looks like it was as much fun as I thought it might be. Well, I found the prompts and here is my late entry:
09-11-2009, 09:55 AM
THANK YOU! It was tons of fun using the prompts -- wish I'd actually made it to "The Event" -- the chatter was fun to read through, too. :)
The webinar was basically a typical Web2.0 over-priced scam -- but, having said that, there was a little bit of useable info in there. Myabe wasn't a total waste of time. (My friend also "conned" [lol] me into doing more than editing her novel -- she wants a total collaboration -- and the webinar was on a system for writing a book, and copyrighting it, within 8 hours. She was curious how that can be done ... LOL ... might work for what the webinar was about but not for storytelling books ...**sigh**)
09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
Here is the link to a re-do of my original posted layout. I took some of the ladies' suggestions and changed my title color and tilted a photo on the right in a different direction. I appreciate their suggestions because I was not at all happy with my layout. Just wanted them to see the changes I made.
09-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Posting Bonus has been sent to you all, and
Congrats to poster 183.......
Winner of the $5.00 Gift Certificate!
Thanks for playing everyone! Looking forward to next time!
09-12-2009, 07:35 AM
UGH--I missed it by ONE! Congratulations, Anna!
Originally Posted by j_camargo6
09-12-2009, 06:50 PM
I hated the original version from 9-10 so much that I just had to redo it. I didnít add anything new to it, nor did I remove anything. I just resized and changed the placement of the parts. Hopefully I will sleep tonight and not lay awake thinking about how awful it was the first time.