shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Scrap with Jenn Thurs 8/13 9pm EST

Quote Originally Posted by jenn611 View Post
    That's a lot of peaches!!!!
    Wow. Sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by techie girl View Post
    I canned 28 qts of peaches and put 28 qts in the freezer and made 19 pts of peach perserves in the last 2 weeks. I am peached out.
    I would guess so . . .

wife, mother of 2 children and three cats

I've never canned fruit....I just do meats. That way it is so easy to pull it out and quicly make something after a busy day homeshcooling. I'm working on building up my stash.
    Wendy
    mom to Emily (India-11), Melody (China-9) & Steven (China-4)
    Waiting for Clarens (Haiti-2)

Mmmmm, peach trees? Wish I had some of those. Luckily my mom is on eastern time and I'm on central so she just informed me it was her bedtime. Yeah! Aren't I just a terrible daughter? My mom just doesn't understand about speed scraps. LOL!

5. 1. Pick 3-5 papers...any kind. Patterned, solid, grungy, etc.
    2. Use one large, dominant circular shape on your layout.
    3. Use One, Three, or Five Photos (One larger than the rest).
    4. Use Metal, Glitter, buttons, swirls, string and ribbons somewhere on your layout. (at least 3 of the six).

6. Quote Originally Posted by rumkimom View Post
    I've never canned fruit....I just do meats. That way it is so easy to pull it out and quicly make something after a busy day homeshcooling. I'm working on building up my stash.
    I used to can a lot of deer meat! It was sooooo good!! But that was with my ex-hubby who was a hunter....now I get none LOL
    Jan

7. Quote Originally Posted by rumkimom View Post
    I'm looking into starting to do some of that, Wendy. If you have any tips (cause I've never done it before) I'd love to hear them! I inherited a big HUGE pressure canner from my grandma and just had it tested...works GREAT! (Well, after a new gasket, anyway) LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by rumkimom View Post
    Wendy, I do the once a month cooking (or as I call it cooking by freezer). I can't imagine canning - I remember too well my Mom doing it. It was hot. Bleah!

wife, mother of 2 children and three cats

Quote Originally Posted by emeraldsong View Post
    Wendy, I do the once a month cooking (or as I call it cooking by freezer). I can't imagine canning - I remember too well my Mom doing it. It was hot. Bleah!
    I agree with you, Laura! I make jams in the summer when I get my act together, but it is just the hottest task.

I am in eastern Canada, we're having a heat wave.