shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to print layouts??

1. How to print layouts??

I have finally made a Layout with PSP8. It's not great but it is done and I was wondering if I could ever learn this.
    I want to print it out so I can have my first page in my album.
    I have created it in PSP8. Want to print it as an 81/2 x11. I don't want any white around it. I want it to look like a layout in the gallery.

I have a canon pixma printer.
    What kind of paper do I need? Glossy or matte? quality etc?

I do not understand technical terms (I'm more of a thingamajig kind of person) so if you can decribe it, I will be grateful.

Also, I asked before but must have done it wrong... how do you get a number for downloading? It asked for one when I tried to download the freebie. I want to download it because it is a template. I don't know what they are but they look like a cheat sheet. I need all the help I can get.

I'm no expert but will try to help. I think the only way to print without white border is to have a printer that will print borderless pictures. You may be able to send the file out and have it printed. On the downloads make sure you are signed into the store. I have no problem downloading. Once I am signed in I just click on item and add to my cart and then checkout. Hope this helped. If not I'm sure someone else with more know how will post and help you out.
    Joni

Tune in at GDS for some exciting news in this area!!!
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Unhappy

Oh, Holly, you are cruel to make us wait!!!!!

I can't wait to see all the new things you will be adding to GDS!!

6. Quote Originally Posted by HollyS View Post
    Tune in at GDS for some exciting news in this area!!!

In what area? What news? TELL US!

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapGrl View Post
    In what area? What news? TELL US!
    I would assume it has to do with printing.

I'm not familiar with your printer, but I know that my HP just has an extra box to check in the print setup box if you want borderless printing. However, I find that it always cuts off some around the edge to do the borderless printing.

9. What kind of paper do I need? Glossy or matte? quality etc?
    That is completely up to you and what you like best. Some like glossy and some like Matte.

As far as templates...they are great!! They are kind of like cheat sheets. They help get you addicted to the world of digiscrapping.

I have a cannon i9900. I have found that the glossy photo quality paper doesn't print well. (I get streaks down the print)

My preference is the epson e-surface paper (ultra premium photo paper luster), it has that pebbled texture like matte pictures printed at a photo lab. I know it comes in 11.7x16.5, but not sure if it comes in the 13x19 or whatever paper.