shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Upload a Layout or Photo To The Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by natacha View Post
    I was able to upload my first LO..looks ok but i heard i have to make it "web ready". I followed a tutorial on another site but it didn't work..it was for a higher version of PSE.
    I use PSE 3 , when i was done my LO i merged all file & saved it as a jpg (i also saved my PSD files). My specification for my jpeg is 8.95 MB 3600 pixel x3600 , 300 resolution-I am not sure what i am doing here -I am hoping to find a tutorial for getting layouts ready for post (with step by step as i am very new)! Any direction would be very much appreciated.
    thank you
    Natacha

Hi Natacha
    Once you complete your layout, at the top click on IMAGE then go down to image size, change it to 600x600 pixels, it will look really tiny, don't worry about that. Once you reduce the image size then go to FILE and down to Save for Web, you will then see that the kb's are reduced, I don't know what PSE 3 has but most have where you can decrease the kb's on the right, but usually changing the image size to 600 x600 will get you the right size for posting. Then save it whereever you save your layouts for posting.
    Good Luck, Ill be looking for your layout.
    Eaine
    Elaine My Blog
    \

thank you

thanks so much Elaine , i will follow these steps(which sound pretty simple) with my nexxt layout, Thanks again- Natacha :)

Smile good!

bump the thread up.
    Last edited by elenasworld; 09-29-2008 at 01:11 PM.

4. I don't think there was any audio with the video on how to upload layouts, but wanted to make sure?

There is audio. Is your computer sound turned up all the way? Also check the volume slider on the actual video box (at bottom right for my plug-in). Is your plug-in for video updated? I don't know what other things to suggest, but those you should check out.
    Dona
    Last edited by donakat; 06-16-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Something I've noticed in the gallery lately is links put into the "Credits" field. This doesn't work; clicking on them takes you to an error page. The links to the GDS items need to be in the "GDS Store Items Used" field. And don't forget about putting the appropriate product code for the kit in the "Keyword" field--that's to facilitate users being able to see various layouts using a particular kit. You'll find the product code in the Tech Info column for the kit description.

Thanks for the tips Dona
    I know I am always putting my links in the wrong field -- it is those little boxes and my glasses being "missing" lol

Thank you! The video was very helpful!

9. Thank you

Thank you for the video...it has been awhile since I uploaded anything to the web and this is very thorough.

A suggestion I found at another site, regarding how to get the correct information to put in your gallery descriptions:
    When you purchase a kit and unzip it, there's some kind of TOU (Terms of Use) from the designer. Open that (it's usually a text document), and add a few lines to the top of the file that include the store link to that item and the product code (found on the store page, under "Tech Info"). You could also include the store from which you purchased the kit to help you sort it to the right folder, according to your own organization scheme.
    When you do this, then you can simply open the TOU document and have all the information at your fingertips for when you post your layout in the gallery. And don't forget the tutorials on this site which guide you in posting and linking!