shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Upload a Layout or Photo To The Gallery

1. OMG... This is always an intimidating process for me and on another board I tried to follow what several people were throwing at me to do and was TOTALLY LOST! This is a fantastic tutorial video! THANK YOU SO MUCH for saving me/us from tearing out hair and screaming or giving up totally!

I do not know how long the video is but I am having issues watching it bc my net is really bad this week. Can anyone please tell me how step by step in words. I would love to post my layouts. Thank you to anyone that does and I really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by x7anoonah@gmail.com View Post
    I do not know how long the video is but I am having issues watching it bc my net is really bad this week. Can anyone please tell me how step by step in words. I would love to post my layouts. Thank you to anyone that does and I really appreciate it
    If you go to the Gallery, you will see an Upload Photos link near the top and on the right side inside of a green bar. You must be logged in first though. Select this and another window will open that looks like this below:

It automatically comes up to Member Galleries selection bar. This is where most photos go. You will be given another option on the next page to add to more than one gallery. Select choose file and go to where it is on your computer and select it. Then hit the Upload/Submit button. It will say "Preparing to upload the image". Another window comes up with "Optional Info". Here is where you can select multiple galleries to upload to. Fill in all the information in the boxes. If you've used a Go Digital Scrapbooking kit, there's a box for you to put the kit link in there. Hit "Process" and your image will upload. Make sure it's 72 dpi and about 600 x 600 and you should have no problems uploading.

Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

THANK you so very much :)

5. I think I did it correctly but I cannot find the Gallery????

Quote Originally Posted by Glimma View Post
    I think I did it correctly but I cannot find the Gallery????
    Yeah.....I see your layout in the gallery.

Look at the top of the page for the Headers.

You should see Shoppe Forum Gallery Chat

Click on Gallery and you are there!

Welcome to GDS!

I uploaded, followed directions, didn't see it come up in "Galleries", like it showed in the video. So where did it go?

Now I have to add, in order to prepare my layout, since I use Corel Draw X4 for creating my scrapbook pages, cards, etc., I also use PSE9, but only for the editing part, as I'm a newbie to this program too. I saved my file as a png, instead of jpg. I found to get it ready for websize, I really had to cut it down in size to get it just a tad under 150kb's using my Corel Draw Photo-Paint program. I know, I need to learn how to do all this in PSE9. Also it took me over an hour to prepare my page (actually a 5x7 card I scrapped) for "web-size".

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Oops, "now" I see my card lo in the gallery, guess I didn't wait long enough for it to load there. I would of put this note underneath the note I posted before (few mins ago) but can't find it here, and this is where I posted the previous note. Geez, this is so confusing to me. It's been around 6 years since I joined a forum and lost all knowledge when doing it back then. So, I'm learning all over again.

I finished my last msg, posted it, and it brought me back here, and goodness sakes, here is my previous note! <huge blush> lol. Learn and live.