shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: One Memory at A Time...our new instructor!

1. One Memory at A Time...our new instructor!

Alisha (aka One Memory At a Time) will be taking over our "Getting Better Results with Your Digital Camera" beginning with the August class!

While we will miss Daphne (who is retiring from teaching), we're super excited that Alisha has agreed to take over. She brings a wealth of photography knowledge and has some new ideas to help us all take better photos to preserve our precious memories!

If you haven't checked out the class before, here's the course information:

This is a four-week, multi-media photography class for users of digital cameras. This is not a course to help you become a professional photographer; it is, however, a course to help you learn a little about how your camera works and ways that you can use your camera to shoot wonderful pictures. This course is for people who have Point and Shoot or DSLR cameras – everyone’s welcome, whether you’re a beginner or have been using your digital camera for years and just want to learn a little more about photography. In this course, we’ll be talking about lighting and how your camera uses light; we’ll discuss some creative ways to make your pictures special; we’ll go over some tips for different photography situations; and we’ll even touch a little on photo editing. We’ll have a special forum to discuss the lessons and a special gallery to post our pictures throughout the course. So grab your camera, get ready to have a good time, and join us!

Week One – Step Into The Light

This week will cover a basic introduction to the integral elements of photography.

What is ISO and why do you care?
    • How does Shutter Speed affect your photos?
    • What is aperture and how it can make your photos more dramatic?
    • What to do with all those buttons and dials on your camera? (Obviously, we won’t go into detail about all the buttons on all the different cameras, but we’ll talk about some general settings)

Week Two - Creative Conundrums

This week we’ll discuss some photographic techniques that will help take your photos from ordinary to extraordinary

• The Flash – Your Fair-weather Friend – is it your best friend or your worst enemy?
    • Changing Your Perspective
    • Up Close & Personal
    • Let’s Bokeh Baby – How do photographers get those photos with the subject nice and sharp with the background all dreamy and blurry?

Week Three – Tips and Tricks

• Getting better action shots
    • Having some fun with landscape shots
    • The Birds, the Bees, and the Bugs – a little bit about macro photography
    • Getting better portrait shots – of kids, pets, and even your Uncle Joe

Week Four - Photo Editing

• Sharpening and Defogging
    • Contrast & Color
    • What to do with a photo when all else fails
    • The Action/Script myth

*Please note: enrollment fees are non-refundable.
    I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

2. I can't think of a better replacement! Alisha's skills are amazing!

How awesome. I just got a new camera and will be taking the classes soon. May have to wait til next month though.

Great news! Will Alisha's class cover pretty much the same stuff? I ask as I have taken Daphne's class, but reinforcement is always good, right?

5. Yes most of what Daphne's taught. I'm sure she'll have some new things and embellish on others :)

6. I'm so excited to be teaching the class. The curriculum will be the same, but I've added some assignments to really practice the concepts along with critiquing for those who want to know what they could have done different on a photo to make it better! It will be a fun class!!
    Just take it..."One Memory At A Time"
    Have you seen my new kits?
    Check Out My Store

7. Don't forget, you'll get our new My Whimsical World collab if you sign up for this class!!!

This sounds like a great class, I always love learning new things about photography, especially since I've gone completely digital and have a new SLR to learn!!