shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Member Gallery Albums

Member Gallery Albums

Does anyone know how to go about putting some of one's own gallery items into a new album? It seems as though one can only upload new items into an album.
    Thanks for any help on this.
    Dona

I may be confused about what you mean Dona. But,if you edit the photo from your Home photo page, you can then add it to another album.

That's the way I've done it!

Ok, that was successful, thank you Cathy. Another question:
    I'm trying to put all the homework photos for my Photography class from May into a separate album. They were originally uploaded to the Photo class gallery. When I reassign them to my "Photography class" album, then they disappear from the Photo class gallery? If I just copy my image to the "Photography class" album then they stay in both places, I assume. But do they remain visible in my regular member gallery as well as in the album? I suppose I should just try all these things, but I'm wary of messing things up royally. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by donakat View Post
    Ok, that was successful, thank you Cathy. Another question:
    I'm trying to put all the homework photos for my Photography class from May into a separate album. They were originally uploaded to the Photo class gallery. When I reassign them to my "Photography class" album, then they disappear from the Photo class gallery? If I just copy my image to the "Photography class" album then they stay in both places, I assume. But do they remain visible in my regular member gallery as well as in the album? I suppose I should just try all these things, but I'm wary of messing things up royally. Thanks.
    Hey Dona
    It took me a while to be able to create a different album
    When you go to that gallery page you want to move to a different album, go to the edit mode.
    Up at the top you will see along the left hand side:
    Select new image or leave blank to use current one:
    Change category?
    Copy image to:
    Edit title for the photo:
    Edit keywords:
    The second option down, Change category? allows you to move categories -- sometimes I forget to load a page to the appropriate Challenge Gallery, so I use this

If you want your page to remain in the original album, and be in another, choose the third option down "Copy image to:"
    This will add the page to another album
    If you have created your own album, you will need to use the drop down box and scroll down to find the name of the album you created.

Hope this helps a bit

Last edited by elenasworld; 07-15-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks Liz. You are such a wealth of information. Always glad when you come along and give us the answers we are looking for. The Edit part was easy, hadn't tried moving images, so am pleased to know how to do this if the need ever arises.

Thanks, Liz!