shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Photosop Elements Version Question

Hybrid View

1. Photosop Elements Version Question

I have access to a free Photoshop Elements Version 5. Does anyone know what the difference is between Version 5 and Version 7? Would it be worth the free version 5 or should I buy the newer Version 7?

TIA!

I started with version 6 and then went to 7 and I did not notice a great big difference. I'm not sure about 5 but I think with each version they add additional tools/techniques you can use.

3. Thanks so much Anna!

I believe that it was after Version 5 that they changed a lot of the features in PSE. Like the addition of the Magic Extractor. I have PSE 7 and love it, and am still learning new things every day.

5. I started with 4 but used 5 until 7 came out. I LOVE 5. I think you could be very happy with it. One of the "improvements" they made in 6 and 7 that I don't like at all is that dragging up from the photo bin to your layout creates a "Smart Object." I know that it has it's purpose but I still don't care for it. In 5, you could drag up from the photo bin and it put the name of the file in the layers palette automatically. I miss that a lot. I believe that 5 has the Magic Extractor too.

6. I started out with 6 and then got the upgrade to 7, not the full version, just the additional stuff. But when I downloaded it they are two speparate programs. Is there a way to make them into one? Did I download 7 incorrectly? Since all of my additional brushes are in 6 I never use 7. Help what should I do?