shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: white photo edge?

white photo edge?

Question: How do I put a white photo edge around a photo? Is there another way other than layering a white paper under it or using a frame? I have seen many people do this in the gallery...looks like a thin white edge.
    I'm fairly new to this, so I appreciate your help!! :)
    Christina

Quote Originally Posted by clcayer View Post
    Question: How do I put a white photo edge around a photo? Is there another way other than layering a white paper under it or using a frame? I have seen many people do this in the gallery...looks like a thin white edge.
    I'm fairly new to this, so I appreciate your help!! :)
    Hey there! I use Photoshop Elements and just go to Edit>Stroke (Outline) Selection. From there you can change the width and color of your outline. Hope that helps!

Thank you Erin! I appreciate your help!! :)
    Christina

You will have fun with this once you try it. I did a triple stroke around a pic the other nite. Turned out pretty cool. Oh the neat little things in our scrapbooking programs we can play with, lol.

5. One little tip to keep in mind is where you place the outline. If you choose Outside, if your stroke is very large, it will have rounded corners. I generally use the Inside option. That will keep the corners square.

I use the stroke too as well
    but, before I found this awesome tool, I would layering a white paper beneath my photo and then put my drop shadow on that layer.

now I use both techniques, depending the look I want

and thanks digiscrapr52 --- that is an awesome tip!

Oh this sounds very pretty I haven't done more than one. Will try this.

Thanks for all the great tips and ideas!! So nice to post a question and get such great advice! Thank you!

Here's the page I was working on:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...9&ppuser=18706
    Christina

It turned out wonderful Christina. Love your lo.