shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials

Thread: Printing Layout help

Printing Layout help

I am going to have a page printed using the single sided printing at GDS. My question is what paper to use? There is an option of Satin or Matte. I will be framing the page in a scrapbooking 12x 12 frame to hang on the wall, so it will be behind the glass. I just need to know which will be better. I do kinda want it to shine a bit so i'm thinking Satin but i need opinions. TIA

Here's the layout
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mom-and-dad-anniversary.jpg  

Erica,
    I still have to print a bunch of pages, but haven't gotten around to it yet. In a presentation on papers and printers I learned that the matte prints are great if you're going to put them in a sheet protector in an album--that adds the shine without having to print them on glossy stock. Being behind glass may do the same, but you should compare the look with whatever you have. Try printing out a photo on glossy and on matte paper, then put them both behind glass to compare. My guess is that the satin paper for your layouts will be great behind glass.
    Dona

Thanks Dona. I was thinking the Satin cause sometimes the Matte seems too flat. I will try the photo behind the glass idea. Thanks again.