shoppe forum gallery chat classes blog newsletter contact calendar getting started facebook today\'s posts tutorials
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: What You Need To Get Started In Digital Scrapbooking

I am new to your site as well.

I went through the things needed and I think that I'm set. I just d/l the Welcome Gift.

I am anxious to start learning Scrapping.

Hubby is off to work tonight, so I am here all night by myself. Keeping my fingures crossed that I don't get too lost.

good luck China!
    Have fun scrapping -- if you have questions, there should be someone around who can help out

I really hope I can find my welcome email. Wish me luck!

Hope that you found your Welcome email karbi.

It was an awesome prezzie.
    Love, Peace, Happiness: China @->--

I am new to this, I just stumbled onto it from Scrappin blogs...I am so excited. I am a painter but this just looks like so much fun. An avenue to create another way. Cool!

6. Welcome Lakin71! Be prepared to be addicted, LOL! Be sure and holler if you have any questions!

Welcome from another Californian. I'll look forward to seeing your layouts. I've seen lots of artistic pages that are a lot like painting, so you may enjoy doing that sort of thing to start with. Everyone here is friendly and helpful, and I'm sure you'll enjoy our challenges and treats!
    Dona

Needing help ...

Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can give me a little help. I started digiscrapping last year when I lost my job and had more free time at home to spend on this wonderful hobby. I actually turned out a couple of pages from scratch! Then my motherboard died, and RadioShack sent my computer off for repairs to Puerto Rico in early January. Well, it didn't come back in 6 weeks like the salesperson said; it was more like 2 months. That was actually okay, though, because my apartment was robbed in February, and if my computer had been there, it would have been gone for good.

In the meantime, I also managed to bust my Achilles tendon while on vacation in Dominica, the "nature island" of the Caribbean. What a beautiful island! I'm lucky that I didn't fall while hiking to the Boiling Lake or Trafalgar Falls! Long story short, I couldn't sit with my feet down for a long time because of the swelling, so now, between the injury to my computer and to my foot, I seem to have forgotten everything I figured out how to do last fall. I was using Adobe Elements at the time, and now I can't even find that program on my machine.

When I opened the program I could find--Photoshop 7, I believe--I didn't know how to get the layer function to work for me. I opened a new 12x12 page and imported a background paper all right, but everything else after that went on top of the background paper and I couldn't move anything around. When I tried to use PaintShopPro, the .png files didn't work.

What do I have to do to get the layers working again?! Thanks very much for your help in advance. I am really puzzled by this ...

that is some "luck" you have been having

I use PhotoshopCS2 and CS4
    all I do is open a blank document and drag the file I want to use into the blank space of the screen.
    I will then drag this layer into my new document.
    After I have done this I close the original, so I dont overwrite it or save it after I have edited it.

hope this helps

10. I dont think I got the email for the free kit